Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HiTechRedNeck
    • Nov 2018

SunPower Supervisor / Monitor PVS5x

ok, I've been trying to research this and not finding answers anywhere... let's see if someone else has gotten this working...

I have a SunPower PV system, 6.12kW, (17) x22-360 panels and the SunPower Supervisor PVS5x... according to spec sheet, this supervisor has Zigbee built-in for communication with smart meters and home automation systems... I've used a couple of hubs to try and pair/link to it, but no go so far... but this was from my security system that has zigbee built-in... so may not have a driver, understandable...

I've tried to contact SunPower support, they suggested I talk with my dealer...

I've tried to contact dealer, they are shuffling me around...

I've contacted Rainforest to see if their Zigbee gateway talks with SunPower, no answer yet...

if anyone here has connected to it, or know of a gateway that works, please chime in and let me know... the search continues...

if you want to understand what I'm trying to do, here's the deal: since my PTO, my utility keeps messing up my billing... way over 30days on bill, estimated days and days of data (claiming an issue with reading data, but never had an issue in 7yrs of being a customer), and not allowing data downloads because data is missing/estimated... so I need a copy of my smart meter data for myself, so I can battle it out with them... if I'm going to spend money, want as much as I can for my dollar... so if I can get my consumption/generation to the same location, it will be easier viewing for me...
    Last edited by HiTechRedNeck; 01-24-2019, 06:41 PM.
  • foo1bar
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2014

I believe there is an ethernet connection for the PVS5x - I would use that, rather than try to use zigbee to talk to it.

What I think you really want is a way to talk to your smart meter and get data from it. That's really dependent on your smart meter. Some smart meters don't have any communication except back to the home office.

Comment

• HiTechRedNeck
      • Nov 2018

the PVS5x is connected on my WiFi... that's not an issue... I'm trying to find out the intended purpose of the zigbee interface in the PVS5x... the spec sheet says it has Zigbee for home automation & smart meters... the PVS5x has optional CT inputs to track consumption in case of an analog meter... I assume the zigbee interface is in case of a smart meter... the home automation note is interesting... but I don't know if the zigbee in the PVS5x is a gateway or a device that needs a gateway... that's the question of the day... for convenience, I'd like to see my solar numbers and utility numbers in one place... it would beat what I'm doing now, manually entered into a spreadsheet...

anyway... I've talked with Rainforest, they don't currently have support for talking with the PVS5x, but they are going to reach out to SunPower and ask about it as they didn't know it had zigbee... I've ordered an Eagle-200, my utility gives a rebate for it, so its only costing me $75... that solves part of my issue and gives me a copy of the data from the utility... thx...

if anyone has any info about what the Zigbee interface does inside the SunPower Supervisor, please, share that info...

Comment

• Crash
        • Nov 2017

I have a Philip's hue hub and do not pick up any data from sunpower that I know if. The hub doesn't show any devices other than my smart bulbs. There is a link here to get better data that was posted in the past.

Comment

Working...