No announcement yet.

LG Panels Warranty question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! Thank's Butch. Knock on wood, my panels seem fine so far. Just need to do something about those pesky trees (-:

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Sousa View Post
      An IV curve tracer is a specific device. all PV installers and maintenance
      companies should have one. These are expensive for a homeowner to buy. Not it DIY tool.

The IV curve tracer graphs the Voltage VS current capabilities of a solar module and will indicate the
      Maximum power same as the MPPT in an inverter.

If there is a bad cell, diode or other it will show up on the graph. The tracer can also build an IV curve for a
      string of modules in series as long as there are no optimizers. You can test an entire string this way.
      That looks like a convenient tool, too bad it is so expensive. Guess you are pushing me out of the DIY class if
      I can set up such measurements? Since sun can vary a lot, comparing several modules under strong sun
      has been the method for sorting out some weak sections here.

The response curves under partial shadowing are interesting, but I can surmise as much just by looking
      at the array. Maybe the curve is needed to convince an owner just how devastating shadows are?
      Bruce Roe

Comment

Bruce
        I do not consider you a DYI since Solar Reviews labels you as a "Solar Fanatic". Ha ha.
        You do bring up an interesting point - PV training schools use the IV curve traced to show the effects of partial shading on a module. it is interesting to see how the curve distorts when shade is applied and shifts as the irradiation value changes.

33-CS6P250,1-SMA6000US,SMAwebconn,Egauge

Comment

Working...
        X