Canadian Solar CS6P-xxxP panels - needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Solar CS6P-xxxP panels - needed

I am in the need for 1 (or more if required) Canadian Solar CS6P-230P to 255 panels. Any idea where one might find this older panel OR an equivalent 60 cell poly panel in the size of (64.5"x38.7"x1.57")? Location is Florida, but if cost is not prohibitive shipping is not an issue.

I finally received permit approval to allow me to construct my ground mounted 4x9 array (8kw) and have a bad panel. Panels I have are approx 6 years old of which 5 of those years were in storage.

Any help in locating a panel that is on the approved list, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Dan

Are you tied to a string inverter? If you use micro inverters or optimizers, any panel will work. And newer CS panels should match aesthetically.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion. I'm a little worried now that I have the plans showing me using the cs6p-230p panels, the inspector might have issues if I use a different panel for replacement.

I some research and found a CS6K-260K panel which might work. However, it's open current voltage is about 1 volt higher than the panels I have. Would this be an issue? Will I need to purchase 3 of the panels to have the strings equal?

Thanks for any assistance
      Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanP View Post
        Thank you for the suggestion. I'm a little worried now that I have the plans showing me using the cs6p-230p panels, the inspector might have issues if I use a different panel for replacement.

I some research and found a CS6K-260K panel which might work. However, it's open current voltage is about 1 volt higher than the panels I have. Would this be an issue? Will I need to purchase 3 of the panels to have the strings equal? Dan
        My inspector wouldn't care, if they were new and compatible. You need the MPP voltages reasonably close for
        paralleling another string, the exact open circuit is less important. The MPP is somewhat broad, I match strings
        to have the same number of cells in each. Good results here with a 12 panel string of 60 cell panels in parallel
        with a 10 panel string of 72 cell panels. Bruce Roe

Comment

Originally posted by DanP View Post

I some research and found a CS6K-260K panel which might work. However, it's open current voltage is about 1 volt higher than the panels I have. Would this be an issue? Will I need to purchase 3 of the panels to have the strings equal?

Thanks for any assistance
          Dan
          Panels change on installations all the time. As long as you notify your inspector of the change, and provide the required documentation for the new panels, it shouldn't be an issue.
          Installation companies that do a lot of jobs buy modules by the container load. Once they run out, they may move to a different model or manufacturer. The guys submitting the permit apps don't always know exactly what modules will end up on any given roof.

Comment

Working...
          X