X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy solar panels

Looking to buy solar panels without using an installer
    In California

Go online to sun electronics. They are in Florida and Arizona and have good prices.

Comment

Craigslist for locally available panels.
      2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Again, Google is your friend. Beyond some basic level, panels have become a commodity. Shop around. But pick an installer with much care if that's your plan.

Comment

Renvu

Comment

This is my first time posting... I live in Canada and want to build a off grid shed with a simple solar panel and one battery. I was wondering which company sells 100watt or less solar panel for a good price? I prefer all black if possible

the nice looking panels seem to all be $200-300 so I wouldn
            12v 150watt, 80ah battery, 75 watt inverter.

Comment

> so I wouldn't be using apostrophes with a non-standard character set (like a iphone or a computer with re-arranged fonts)

Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
              || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
              || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
              gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Originally posted by Freeesun
                I
                Try composing your post without any apostrophe's. My guess is your first word is supposed to be, I'm

Comment

I have no idea what anybody is talking about... what are some good all black smaller solar panels and charge controller for a shed

Comment

Originally posted by Freeesun View Post
                    I have no idea what anybody is talking about... what are some good all black smaller solar panels and charge controller for a shed
                    Go back to your posts #8 and #9. That's what I'm talking about.

Btw I tried searching small, all black panels and they are few and far between. I suggest going to eBay or Amazon and scroll thru the thousands of 100 watt 12 volt panels. The only one I found was a Renogy 2 piece "suitcase" style panel. On eBay. I haven't looked on Amazon though.

Comment

Ohh ok thank you very much for the reply. I

Comment

It

Comment

Stop using apostrophe's if you want to make a complete posting. Are you using a phone to compose these replies? Apparently there's a problem with using punctuation with a smart phone on this forum. Nobody here can figure out how to fix this annoying problem.
                          Last edited by littleharbor; 10-18-2018, 11:41 AM.

Comment

ya that is really weird, i didnt really understand what everyone was saying in the bginning but ill try not to use them.

i was using a iphone and now im going to try and use this computer to see if anything changes.

my question is i im building a shed and would like to put a solar panel on it. i dont want to buy anythig from canadian tire becuase i think theyre stuff is garbage but they have a decent panel and charge controller fr cheap.

i would like to get a panel charge controller and inverter but something small becasue i will only be using a few led lights and would like to charge dewalt batteries. i wont use it much but would till like to get something thatll last a long time and i wont have to buy anythig again for a long time.

100 watts would be perfect and all black would be great too. a charge controller with as much info on it as possible would be great and i have no clue about inverteres so its basically up to you guys.

i have a car battery that ive kept on a charger that ill use but i need to slowly put everything else together.

thank you for the replys and letting me know about the weird rule on this forum.

Comment

LED's, go with 12 volt.
                              As to an inverter, Definitely need Pure Sine Wave inverter. If you go with a cheap Modified sine wave inverter you stand a good chance of ruining your cordless tool batteries. Trust me here on this. Replacing those cordless tool batteries gets pretty expensive after you ruin a couple , or more of them. Sometimes cheaper to buy a whole tool "kit".
                              With a single 100 watt panel you want to keep your battery in the 70 amp hour range. That being said you need to keep your inverter as small as possible for a couple reasons. That small of a battery won't support a large inverter and the larger the inverter the more power they use, just sitting on an doing nothing. Only have your inverter powered upo when you are using it. a 100 watt panel may not be enough to keep up with even a small inverter turned on 24/7. When you wear out your car battery you need to get a Deep Cycle battery, which should give better service than a battery not designed for cycle service.

Lastly go to the top page of the various sub forums here and read all the sticky topics. You will learn a lot from them.
                              Last edited by littleharbor; 10-18-2018, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X