Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike90250
    replied
    First step - don't cancel that deposit
    2nd. Get a contract lawyer. He'll tell you (for $500) that you may have to spend $30k in fees to him, to get the contract honored. Stick it to Tesla - before they go broke....

Leave a comment:

• Steeler.Fan
    started a topic Tesla Shinanigans

Tesla Shinanigans

In March, 2017 I reserved a Tesla Powerwall for my home in Hawaii with a $500 deposit. At that time Tesla was saying that installation would cost between $700-$1300. About 6-9 months later, I was called and asked if I was ready to install the battery. I said that I was not ready yet as my home construction was taking longer than expected. I called about 6 months ago and asked if I could pay to reserve another PW. I was told that my reservation was good for up to 10 PWs. When they raised the price to $5,500, I called again to see if I would be charged the higher price. I was told that I would be able to purchase the PWs at my original quoted price of $5,000. I called several months ago to set a delivery date and was told that all PW orders were placed on hold until after 1/1/19 because all batteries were being used in Model 3 production. I called today to get a list of installers because I am very close to being ready for the install. I was told to cancel my reservation and take my money back. Since they no longer had a warehouse on the Big Island, I would have to purchase my PW through an authorized installer. (There is a warehouse on Oahu, approximately 100 mi away. They will not permit me to purchase my battery from them and have it shipped to an authorized installer on the Big Island.) I called some Big Island installers today and was told that PW2 installations now cost $10,000-13,000 on the Big Island. It appears that the Tesla installers are gouging customers who want a PW installed and Tesla has turned their back on us. I know that LG Chem has the RESU10, but it is much more expensive in $/Kwh and requires a hybrid inverter.
    Any suggestions on how to deal with Tesla? Can Tesla be made to honor their earlier purchase agreement with me?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Steeler.Fan; 10-12-2018, 12:10 AM.
Working...