Monitor customer site without opening firewall ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor customer site without opening firewall ports

I wanted to come back and finish my post since I left them hanging but no idea where to find them.
    I was trying to find a simple way to monitor my own and some friends solar installations. I looked everywhere and found some solutions but nothing that worked in a very simple and easy to use way. I found a few cloud services and things that a couple of people have built that were much too complicated.

I finally found this which I've been using for a while now and it works perfectly and wanted to share it for those who are trying to solve the same or similar problem. www.logicore.net

It works for anything that requires remote access where opening a firewall port is too complicated or the customer doesn't want you to mess with their stuff.

You just connect it to a free port on their router/firewall or modem, power it up and you're done. You can even just send it to your customer and they can do that part on their own. It's a very small device around three inches square.

You then log into your control panel where you can monitor as many locations as you'd like and configure that location. Configuring is as simple as entering the IP of the device you want remote access to and the port and then the public IP that you want to allow access to that site.

I use it to monitor and manage around ten different sites where friends have solar and they need a bit of help.

Hope this helps someone out there.
    Last edited by LeeLewis; 06-20-2019, 01:37 PM.
Working...
X