X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NukeEngineer
    Solar Fanatic
    • Sep 2017

Solaredge monitoring server address

My two SE6000H's didn't send any data all day today, starting some time around 10pm last night (last data). I thought they just 'bugged' on their communications thread again, just needing a power cycle to make them reconnect. Nope, that didn't work. The "Server" screen shows 11111110 TCP connect failed, on both units. Restarted internet router, can ping the inverters from PC inside house, but they aren't connecting.

I checked the server address, it was set to "prodnt.solaredge.com" on both units. I don't remember if this is what it has always been, but from documentation I see online, its supposed to be "prod.solaredge.com". I changed both units to this (this is NOT a quick process) and they both immediately connected and uploaded today's data.

So.... was it always supposed to be "prod" instead of "prodnt"? Both of these resolve through DNS, and somerandomcrap.solaredge.com doesn't, so it doesn't look like they have their DNS to resolve just anything to one of their IPs.

My firmware version hasn't changed that I can tell, still 3.2221.
    https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=54099
  • dailo
    • Jun 2016

I hit the same issue on my 7600HD, not sure why the address changed recently. Maybe they pushed the wrong address out? I just changed my DNS to forward to the IP on prod.solaredge.com for prodnt, didn't know you could change the server address directly on the inverter.

Comment

• maximus96
      • Sep 2017

I have the same issue, no activity reported since 6/20 with the same TCP connect failed error. How do you change the server address?

Comment

• dailo
        • Jun 2016

You have to get into the System Menu on your inverter and change it under IP Config. Not sure which model inverter you have, but you can see how to get to the menu by looking up the install guide for your model.

Comment

Working...