X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jflorey2
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by discodanman45
    We are not comparing apples to apples here. It seems like you have a SMA Sunny Tripower 1500TL Inverter. This is a commercial inverter that is designed for oversized DC/AC ratios.
    There's no such inverter. Did you mean the 15000TL? That would make more sense.

But in any case the inverter he has - the SB8000 - is a run of the mill 240 volt inverter, often specified while it was available due to its low cost.

Comment

• discodanman45
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by jflorey2
      There's no such inverter. Did you mean the 15000TL? That would make more sense.

But in any case the inverter he has - the SB8000 - is a run of the mill 240 volt inverter, often specified while it was available due to its low cost.
      Yes, I meant the 15000TL. The graph they posted had a peak output of 15 kW, so I figured that was their system.

Comment

• nwdiver
        Solar Fanatic
        • Mar 2019

Originally posted by discodanman45

Yes, I meant the 15000TL. The graph they posted had a peak output of 15 kW, so I figured that was their system.
        Apologies for the confusion. The graph I posted was of a recent system that just came online last week. (2) 7.7SB on 22.77kW. So oversized by ~148% with E/W facing arrays. The SB8000 I have at my home has been online for ~6 years and I've never observed any derating despite being oversized by ~134% with panels facing 180S. My inverter is usually saturated for ~5 hours/day in the spring and ~2-3 hours/day in the summer.

Comment

Working...