Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matrix
    Solar Fanatic
    • Oct 2017

I'm happy to report that my Solar Array seems to be producing up to spec. The short had not effect. I was very concerned last week before I got everything connected and up and running ... but it seems every thing on the Array side is OK. The inverter ... well that is another story for another post. But suffice-it-to-say I have been on the phone with Schneider ever day this week and it appears the inverter is not working correctly
    285Wx9 / MNClassic 150 / CSW4024 / TrojanL16H-ACx4

Comment

• Sunking
      Solar Fanatic
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Matrix
      I'm happy to report that my Solar Array seems to be producing up to spec. The short had not effect. I was very concerned last week before I got everything connected and up and running ... but it seems every thing on the Array side is OK. The inverter ... well that is another story for another post. But suffice-it-to-say I have been on the phone with Schneider ever day this week and it appears the inverter is not working correctly
      Check your voltage at the INPUT of the Inverter. You should see roughly 27 to 30 volts on a 24 volt battery. Anything equal to or less than 24.4 volts is unacceptable.
      Last edited by Sunking; 10-19-2017, 03:24 PM.
      MSEE, PE

Comment

• NukeEngineer
        Solar Fanatic
        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Sunking
        Short out a voltage source like a battery, and you are going to have a very bad day.
        Or a very fun day! Just watch the videos on youtube of folks doing this.... some look moderately qualified (Photonicinduction or whatever), others... I'm just glad they aren't my neighbors or we could test the tables on panel wattage from neighbor's house on fire plus fire truck lights.

mod note - dont try this, or other you tube stunts. any fool with a camcorder can post something like this.

EDIT: Car battery fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIT4BYJ2jCg
        Last edited by Mike90250; 10-21-2017, 12:18 PM. Reason: de-link video
        https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=54099

Comment

Working...