• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Murby
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jan 2017

Renvu dot com???

Hey folks,
    I bought all my stuff through renvu.com and am very happy.. I'm trying to browse their website as I want to purchase some more equipment but the website doesn't seem to load correctly.

When I go there, I get either a blank white screen, or a dark gray screen with some blue gobbled menu items on it.. Clicking something does nothing.

I've tried this on two different computers in the house now and both show the same behavior.

Can someone visit the website and tell me if it loads correctly?

Thanks,
  • Mike90250
    • May 2009

That site is up. It relies on a ton of scripting to make it work.
    Maybe you need to flush cache on your browsers. Or you may have some route issues with your ISP that will resolve in a day or three.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• Murby
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jan 2017

Flushing my browser data is the first thing I did...

My wife just tried it on her computer at her workplace and she got the same thing I did... A grey screen, some menu writing, and a "leave a message" box at the bottom of the page.

She's 20 miles away on a different ISP, different computer, different operating system, etc..

Comment

• sensij
        Solar Fanatic
        • Sep 2014

Their page loads fine for me in Chrome, but not in Firefox.
        CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

• J.P.M.
          Solar Fanatic
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Murby
          Hey folks,
          I bought all my stuff through renvu.com and am very happy.. I'm trying to browse their website as I want to purchase some more equipment but the website doesn't seem to load correctly.

When I go there, I get either a blank white screen, or a dark gray screen with some blue gobbled menu items on it.. Clicking something does nothing.

I've tried this on two different computers in the house now and both show the same behavior.

Can someone visit the website and tell me if it loads correctly?

Thanks,
          FWIW, I got there, no problems, 10/02/17, 0920 hrs. P.D.T.

Comment

• DrLumen
            Solar Fanatic
            • Aug 2017

No good here in Firefox either.

Just a crappy site...

Comment

• Mike90250
              • May 2009

it's not a site, its a javascript paradise.
              Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
              || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
              || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
              gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• Logan5
                Solar Fanatic
                • Feb 2013

works fine on my Linux/firefox setup.

Comment

• GRickard
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Dec 2016

I've had problems on Explorer, but it usually works fine on Chrome. Where I run into issues is trying to change quantities in a project.

Greg

Comment

• foo1bar
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Aug 2014

Loaded fine for me with Chrome, IE, and Edge on Windows.
                    Chrome on Android too.

Do you have a smart-phone that you can use it's data plan for tethering?
                    If so, you can use that to access the website via a different ISP.

Comment

• max2k
                      • May 2015

Originally posted by foo1bar
                      Loaded fine for me with Chrome, IE, and Edge on Windows.
                      Chrome on Android too.

Do you have a smart-phone that you can use it's data plan for tethering?
                      If so, you can use that to access the website via a different ISP.
                      it's not connection, it's the type/version of the browser and most important- JavaScript support in the browser. If OP has it disabled then no wonder. It also sounds like certain versions of Firefox on Windows cannot render it properly even with JS enabled. For me (Firefox 47.0.2 on Windows) it loads and for a fraction of second shows broken page/colors/etc and then renders normally. Firefox 55.0.3 on another Windows machine renders fine.
                      Last edited by max2k; 10-03-2017, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• doctorman
                        • Feb 2017

disable your Adblock

Comment

• foo1bar
                          Solar Fanatic
                          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by max2k
                          it's not connection, it's the type/version of the browser and most important- JavaScript support in the browser.
                          It can also be the connection.

If a website uses content from multiple domains (servers) it can result in strange rendering when one of those domains is not accessible.

Also there are some ISPs that have modified websites as they go through their network, resulting in the client having different content than what the server sent. (The most notable case of this is where an ISP inserted/replaced ads into websites so that the ISP got advertising revenue.)

Changing the ISP via tethering (or other method) gives fairly definitive answer on whether it's the local machine or something with your ISP. If it fails on both it has to be either the client machine or a global issue - and enough people have stated it's working for them so can't be global.

Comment

• max2k
                            • May 2015

Originally posted by foo1bar

It can also be the connection.

If a website uses content from multiple domains (servers) it can result in strange rendering when one of those domains is not accessible.

Also there are some ISPs that have modified websites as they go through their network, resulting in the client having different content than what the server sent. (The most notable case of this is where an ISP inserted/replaced ads into websites so that the ISP got advertising revenue.)

Changing the ISP via tethering (or other method) gives fairly definitive answer on whether it's the local machine or something with your ISP. If it fails on both it has to be either the client machine or a global issue - and enough people have stated it's working for them so can't be global.
                            all true- in general. In this case couple other members reported problems with Firefox while not having them with other browsers over the same connection on the same machine. If it was me I'd start from updating browser to the latest version first or at least posting it here.

Comment

• sensij
                              Solar Fanatic
                              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by max2k

all true- in general. In this case couple other members reported problems with Firefox while not having them with other browsers over the same connection on the same machine. If it was me I'd start from updating browser to the latest version first or at least posting it here.
                              doctorman was right about mine. uBlock Origin, in Firefox, prevents the page from loading properly. With uBlock disabled, I have no problems.
                              CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

Working...