X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David G
    • Sep 2017

Originally posted by J.P.M.

Try foot powder and hand cleaner.

Every so often a mushroom farm around here starts a fire via spontaneous combustion in the mushroom beds which are somewhat similar to compost bins/heaps. Use to be welding /metal fab. shop housekeeping, or auto repair shops, etc. highlighted not throwing oil/solvent soaked rags in out of the way places for the much same reasons. FWIW, if you need dominion over your environment, think safety first and always. That's also a good place to start the book learning. Tends to keep insurance premiums low(er) as well.
    Thank you JPM. I used to work at The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew where the vast compost heaps were turned regularly by excavator and cooled by means of water sprinklers. On more than one occasion the fire brigade were called to put out spontaneously combusting heaps! I take all of your comments on board. Thank you.

Comment

• J.P.M.
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by David G

Thank you JPM. I used to work at The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew where the vast compost heaps were turned regularly by excavator and cooled by means of water sprinklers. On more than one occasion the fire brigade were called to put out spontaneously combusting heaps! I take all of your comments on board. Thank you.
      Thank YOU !
      And not trying to trivialize safety in any way, you're way ahead of my experience with respect to compost fires.

Good luck.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...