X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ButchDeal
    Solar Fanatic
    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by adoublee
    Some short term data points provided by a module manufacturer (of standard and bifacial modules) for those interested: http://en.longi-solar.com/Home/Event...echnology.html
    NOTE that that is talking about ground mount with open back racking.
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• adoublee
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by ButchDeal

NOTE that that is talking about ground mount with open back racking.
      I wouldn't have expected them to look at it any other way, but it is interesting they say bifacial "without any additional cost as high-efficiency monocrystalline PERC solar cell technology is bifacial by nature". Are they saying a glass back is no more cost that a standard backsheet - assuming one has already pony'd up for PERC?

Comment

• ButchDeal
        Solar Fanatic
        • Apr 2014

I wouldn't have expected them to look at it any other way,
        Me either but some may think there is an advantage on rooftop type installs which may be true though significantly smaller if any advantage should be expected on residential rooftop.

but it is interesting they say bifacial "without any additional cost as high-efficiency monocrystalline PERC solar cell technology is bifacial by nature". Are they saying a glass back is no more cost that a standard backsheet - assuming one has already pony'd up for PERC?
        hm, I took it to mean no additional cost outside of the PV module as in additional equipment, racking etc, but good point.

Comment

• bucdenny
          • Jan 2018

I just spoken to LG dealer, they have the NeON-R panels in stock. I already gotten pricing from them, its approximately $2500 more than the NeON 2 for 20 panels.

Comment

• ButchDeal
            Solar Fanatic
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by bucdenny
            I just spoken to LG dealer, they have the NeON-R panels in stock. I already gotten pricing from them, its approximately $2500 more than the NeON 2 for 20 panels.
            so the NeON R say 365w is $125 more than the NeON 2 say 335w. or 30 more watts for $125, $4.16/w
            steep especially if you have space to just put on more PV modules.

Comment

• jflorey2
              Solar Fanatic
              • Aug 2015

so the NeON R say 365w is $125 more than the NeON 2 say 335w. or 30 more watts for $125, $4.16/w
              Yep. Not worth it for standard installs. I see them really being useful only for:
              -applications where you want sun through the panels (patio shade structures etc)
              -size constrained applications on non-roof mounts

Comment

• bucdenny
                • Jan 2018

I am sorry, it actually $700 from than the NeON 2. It is $2500 more from the LG 300watt Mono X. Sorry for the wrong information.

is it worth it for the NeON-R?

Comment

• ykim50
                  • Nov 2017

Here is a brief comparison of LG modules.
                  - LG 300W Mono-X (LG300S1C-A5): P-type mono cell, conventional tech like other most manufactures. 24 panels are required for 7.2kw system.
                  - LG 330W Neon2 (LG330N1C-A5): N-type mono cell, LG's unique tech with good LID, Irradiance level, and temperature performance. About 1.5~2.5% higher energy generation than same wattage of Mono-X, 22 panels are needed for 7.2kW system.
                  - LG 360W Neon-R (LG360Q1C0-A5): N-type mono cell, LG's unique back contact technology. No-busbar wires or electrodes on the front that makes more aesthetic. only 20 panels needed for 7.2kw system. Much better warranty (25 years product and power output of 87%) - others models are 12 years products and 84.8% of 25 years power output warranty.
                  Please email at lg.solar@lge.com for details. I hope it would be helpful for your decision.

Comment

• bucdenny
                    • Jan 2018

Sorry, it is actually $700 more from NeON 2 to the NeON-R. It is $2500 more from the LG 300watt Mono X. I read the upgrades on the quote incorrectly.

Comment

• JSchnee21
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • May 2017

So if I follow you correctly, you're saying that 20 NeON-R's are $700 more than 20 NeOn-2's? So each panel is roughly $35 more. And you're getting ~30W more per panel for the R's? Aka 20@360W ~= 7200W vs 6600W? Is that correct?

While we all know the MFG warranties are almost impossible to make a claim against, for my money, I'd pay the extra $700 for the added capacity, significantly better warranty, and the added aesthetics.

So what's the price per watt of the Neon-Rs? About $1/W? Versus the Neon-2's?

Comment

Working...