Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geoff barnes
    • May 2017

Aurora Power One Inverter showing Error Code EO31

Hi, I am looking for advice regarding the above inverter that has stopped working and is showing the Code EO31, I have contacted ABB the company that has taken over Power One who made this inverter. They have told me that it cant be fixed and that I have to buy a new one, could anyone tell me please what has gone wrong to cause the inverter to stop working and is it genuinely unrepairable? or are they simply wanting to sell me a new inverter(the warranty has expired).

If it is unrepairable, could anyone offer advice as to reliable inverts to replace the Aurora one? I have 10 Conergy Power Plus PV panels fitted, the system was installed in 2011.

• Dsspro
    • Mar 2017

What size inverter do you have?

Comment

• geoff barnes
      • May 2017

Thanks for replying, its a single phase one not covered by the 10 year warranty.

Comment

• Dsspro
        • Mar 2017

How many KW is it?

Comment

• solarix
          Super Moderator
          • Apr 2015

How did you buy an inverter without a warranty? Get what you pay for I guess.
          I quit using ABB/PowerOne even though they are built in my state. Had too many problems with them. I think I even had an E031 error once - but don't remember what it means. They replaced it. When ABB bought them they start adding an arc-fault detector except couldn't get it right. Had one job where the ABB field service guys came out four times trying to get the arc-fault circuit to work right. Found out the hard way on another PowerOne that their disconnect box on the bottom of the inverter is hermetically sealed with no way for water to drain out. Filled up with condensation and shorted out. These inverters (used to at least) have an internal timer that puts out an audible tick-tick-tick... that can drive customers insane if they can hear it.

I repeat - when you are shopping for inverters to match your super long lived solar PV panels, what is important is reliability, reliability, reliability. Don't use weird brands, don't use Asian brands, don't use non-UL listed, don't use new brands. Don't trust a brand spouting a 25 year warranty - its just a marketing gimmick. Treat your hard-working inverter electronics well - don't put them on a hot roof or in an attic or in the sun. Getting an inverter to last a long time is not easy. (what other piece of consumer electronics do you know of with more than a one-year warranty?) You need to figure on inverters failing and installing them in a serviceable location. What brand do I recommend? Do a search of my posts.....
          BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

• geoff barnes
            • May 2017

In response to solarix, the inverter had a 5 year warranty with the manufacturer and a 10 year one given by the installing company, it stopped working after 6 years and the installing company went bust and it seems my extended warranty went bust with them. Thanks for your advice I will have a look at your posts to see what might be suitable.

Comment

Working...