MIdnite Solar SOB ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIdnite Solar SOB ?

A bit of rant regarding Midnight Solar. They put an ad in Home Power for "THE LITTLE SOB" rapid shutdown system. From the description it sounds like a nice option for RSD as the ad claims it uses a power line carrier instead of control wiring from the inverter to the terminal box. Sounds cool.

So I go the website and there doesn't appear to be any mention of this product. Bummer. Why not put a coming soon in the ad copy of its future product?. It is the march/april edition of HP so maybe its a early April Fools joke?

Well I will be a Son Of Biscuit eater.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

There might be some info on the Midnite Solar Forum.
      2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Nothing on the midnight forums either
        Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
        || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
        || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
        gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

It is a brand new item that the engineers are hard at work on. It will be the first affordable shut off solution, especially so for retrofit work

Comment

On the top of page two in the attachment
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks like they should have said "coming soon" in their copy. Note the date "by the end of 2016"

Comment

An update, another year goes by and another full page ad for this product in Home Power with no mention on the website

Comment

Yes. I hear you. Sharing information about future products is a double edged sword. It creates interest but it also comes with it's downsides. Engineering is hard work and sometimes takes a lot longer than expected. That being said, I do believe advertising products that are available today might be more advantageous than something that is still in the pipeline. Regardless; the individuals at Midnite are wonderful, and they do offer wonderful solutions

Comment

My speculation is the advertising must be timed for upcoming trade shows? Either that or they hired an ex marketing genius from Tesla

At a minimum it would make sense to have a coming soon section on the website perhaps as simple as copying the ad from HP.

Comment

Working...
                    X