Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ButchDeal View Post

We already have several installs of the SE3000h and SE3800H
    does the 3800H model have an outlet for use during power outage?

that is all I need from HDwave really, I can put 2 11.6K regular solaredge and one 3.8K HDwave just to give me the outlet

Comment

Originally posted by doctorman View Post

does the 3800H model have an outlet for use during power outage?

that is all I need from HDwave really, I can put 2 11.6K regular solaredge and one 3.8K HDwave just to give me the outlet
      No. It was an option that they have not implemented and found it difficult to meet current automatic rapid shutdown with.
      OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

No. It was an option that they have not implemented and found it difficult to meet current automatic rapid shutdown with.

seams like solaredge has dropped the secure power supply feature all together

any info on the 10 or 11KW HDwave model release date?

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
          Are you sure about SolarEdge no longer making the secure power feature?
          When I asked them at SPI, the rep said "we are looking at offering that in the future." So maybe soon.

Comment

Originally posted by jflorey2 View Post
            When I asked them at SPI, the rep said "we are looking at offering that in the future." So maybe soon.
            I have been told that it is technically incompatible with automatic rapid shutdown which they are doing in the hdwave for NEC 2017 compliance

Comment

I have been told that it is technically incompatible with automatic rapid shutdown which they are doing in the hdwave for NEC 2017 compliance
              any news on the bigger HDwave models release date?

I am installing a 22Kw system residential and having the hardest time deciding on the inverter for the job,
              it is an east west roof with no shade so I should be able to get away with string inverter,
              if I had shading I would go with solaredge/microinverter options now I am not limited to that
              trying to find the best value for the life time of the inverter

SMA 7Kw seams to be the biggest option that has SPS and so I would need 3 inverters
              string has has the benefit of having less parts on the roof so most stuff can be fixed on the ground, solaredge an dmicroinverters have the benefit of 25 yrs warranty but I know I will be ending up on the roof sooner or later with 80 panels on the roof...

the decision would have been easier if the 11KW HDwave was out so I can install x2 11Kw HDwave and get the 25 years warranty at 400$ each
              the old model warranty costs 2 times the HDwave and that means it will certainly go bad in the 25 years and will cost me labor and headache ...

sorry for ranting on... hoping for a voice to tel me which way to go lol

Comment

Hmm. Maybe he was speaking marketing. I wonder what the technical issue is with rapid shutdown?

Comment

Hmm. Maybe he was speaking marketing. I wonder what the technical issue is with rapid shutdown?

It is not rapid shutdown but AUTOMATIC rapid shutdown. That means that the inverter has to bring the array down to safe voltage when the grid is down. It can

Comment

It is not rapid shutdown but AUTOMATIC rapid shutdown. That means that the inverter has to bring the array down to safe voltage when the grid is down.
                    Right. But as with the SMA inverter, I would assume you'd need to flip a switch to enable backup power. So the inverter shuts down automatically when grid goes down, then it stays down (for minutes, hours or days.) It only comes back up when you flip the switch for backup power, or grid power returns.

Comment

Right. But as with the SMA inverter, I would assume you'd need to flip a switch to enable backup power. So the inverter shuts down automatically when grid goes down, then it stays down (for minutes, hours or days.) It only comes back up when you flip the switch for backup power, or grid power returns.

Right they could possibly make a solution in the future but that is the reason the gave for why it was not going to be included.

Comment

Working...
                      X