Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to determine size of solar panels for my 2* 200AH battery bank

Hi there,
    I have two 12Volts 200AH sealed batteries.I intend to connect them in series to obtain 24Volts and then supply my Inverter of 1400VA 24V.I have failed to work out the size of solar panel(s) array in terms wattage,voltage and current.I also need to know the capacity of solar controller for the suggested solar array.

Cheers,

simon Peter- uganda

Simple you need at least C/10 charge current (20-Amps). To do that with a MPPT controller requires 20 amps x 25 volts = 500 watts usin ginexpensive GT panels.

With a inexpensive PWM charger you will have to use very expensive battery panels and will require 750 watts.

Now having said all that does not mean it will work. In fact highly unlikely given your location and missing daily power usage. If you use more than you can generate, guess what happens?
    MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by sbisoborwa View Post
      Hi there,
      I have two 12Volts 200AH sealed batteries.I intend to connect them in series to obtain 24Volts and then supply my Inverter of 1400VA 24V.I have failed to work out the size of solar panel(s) array in terms wattage,voltage and current.I also need to know the capacity of solar controller for the suggested solar array.

Cheers,

simon Peter- uganda
      1400 VA / 24 Volts = +/- 60 amps.
      At full load your batteries will run for less than 3 hours, more like 1.5 hours until 50% DOD.
      Do you plan to recharge your severely discharged batteries the very next day?

Some, not all, AGM batteries can be recharged at a very fast Bulk C/4 Rate or 50 amps, in your case.
      Bulk Charge will take about 4 hours.
      Then you have more hours during the slower Absorb Stage to get to 100% recharge, unless you like sulfated batteries.

How many hours of good sun do you have every day?

Comment

Working...
      X