Question about LADWP NET meter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about LADWP NET meter.

I am a customer of LADWP. LADWP installed their new meter. It is A3 Alpha Meter. The meter displays two row of arrows. I searched for the manual and the manual explain the arrows as following: (see the attachments). Sometime both rows of arrows point in the same direction (left two right when LADWP sends the power and right to left when solar system sends the power to the grid). Sometime the rows pointing in different directions.

Can any explain in the simple terms what it means?

Thank you
    Attached Files

The portion of power that, averaged over a complete cycle of the AC waveform, results in net transfer of energy in one direction is known as active power (sometimes also called real power). The portion of power due to stored energy, which returns to the source in each cycle, is known as reactive power.
    If that doesn't mean anything to you then you really don't need to worry about it. It may end up on your bill as power factor correction but should not be significant.

Comment

I have the same question. I asked the technician to explain it but even he didn

Comment

....didn

Comment

Originally posted by astroprojector View Post
          I am a customer of LADWP. LADWP installed their new meter. It is A3 Alpha Meter. The meter displays two row of arrows. I searched for the manual and the manual explain the arrows as following: (see the attachments). Sometime both rows of arrows point in the same direction (left two right when LADWP sends the power and right to left when solar system sends the power to the grid). Sometime the rows pointing in different directions.

Can any explain in the simple terms what it means?

Thank you
          Have you called LADWP and asked them ? That seems a logical place to start.

Comment

Working...
          X