problems with solaredge monitoring online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with solaredge monitoring online

the solar edge monitoring system at my home goes out very offen.... meaning that for hrs, sometimes for upto 3 days when I go online .I see zero production.. then all of a sudden, I will see the production for the lost time..be it days or hrs- very annoying .. after numerous emails/calls to solaredge/installer, they are replacing a part. seems that are using my modem to update the info every 15mins, and for some reason there is a hiccup.. the replacement communicates with the cell tower... but only updates '4' times a day..
    meantime at my son's home his solaredge equipment has been running without problems for 18mos... now all of a sudden his online monitoring has stopped since july 26th.. they are also replacing his 'box'...

while this hiccup does not effect the production in any way, for those of us who like to go online and see the production its a pain... and going from updates every 15mins to 4times a day seems tobe a downgrade of service for which I paid for

anyone else having similar problems??

The SolarEdge inverters have built in ethernet so it can be connected directly. The part that they are replacing is an ethernet wireless extender (NOT WiFi) that uses zigbee protocol to extend the ethernet from your router to the inverter. In some homes there is a lot of wireless signals that can interfere with the zigbee causing problems like this. Simplest thing to do is to wire it in directly to your router though this could be a difficult task depending on the location of your router and inverter. Other options are to use WiFi range extenders to get ethernet to the inverter (wifi sometimes less of an issue).

In the US many products are using zigbee protocol these days making it more and more problematic. SolarEdge is coming out with latter this month a GSM cell modem that is more capable than the old one.
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

My system has only been installed for two weeks now and I assure you that I check it several times a day at the minimum!

No problems here is S Cal, but I made sure mine is hardwired (ran the cable myself - not a big fan of wireless)

Comment

Some of us had problems with what appeared to be the Zigbee card "losing its connection to the board" after nighttime sleep mode of the SE inverter. Upon wake in the AM, it would be "zigbee card unavailable" and not update all day long. When it awakes the next AM it would usually find it and upload all the previous data it cached while offline. However, other time it wouldn't fix itself the next morning and may stay down several days. The good part is the SE caching of generation data is quite large and thus can b done for many days, if not weeks, and will replenish the downtime data.

This is unlike your problem however of updating four times a day.

Comment

Originally posted by cebury View Post
          Some of us had problems with what appeared to be the Zigbee card "losing its connection to the board" after nighttime sleep mode of the SE inverter. Upon wake in the AM, it would be "zigbee card unavailable" and not update all day long. When it awakes the next AM it would usually find it and upload all the previous data it cached while offline. However, other time it wouldn't fix itself the next morning and may stay down several days. The good part is the SE caching of generation data is quite large and thus can b done for many days, if not weeks, and will replenish the downtime data.

This is unlike your problem however of updating four times a day.
          hey... my problem is exactly as u describe... sometimes it doesn't update for hrs, a few times for days, n then I guess when it makes contact/wakes up, the previous data is posted.
          yesterday they installed something that will connect with the cell tower directly... but it only updates '4' times per day.. a bit sucky when u r used to every 15mins or so... at least when its working properly

Comment

Originally posted by paris401 View Post

hey... my problem is exactly as u describe... sometimes it doesn't update for hrs, a few times for days, n then I guess when it makes contact/wakes up, the previous data is posted.
            yesterday they installed something that will connect with the cell tower directly... but it only updates '4' times per day.. a bit sucky when u r used to every 15mins or so... at least when its working properly

as far as internet monitoring goes. This is one of the better solutions. The solaredge can cache the data and send it when it gets connected. Other solutions, lose the data when they don't have a connection, or only send summaries.
            The Zigbee can be a bit problematic, we have lots that have zero issue and some that lose connection for a day here and there.
            We also have wired in connections that lose connection for a day here and there so I suspect that the majority of the issues are with the homes internet connections. We even have one customer that turns the internet off every night which is when the inverter gets its firmware upgrade.
            Had to ask them to leave it on for a few nights to get the upgrade from solaredge...
            A hard wired connection is going to be the best option, but also insure that you have pretty solid internet, otherwise the new GSM cell solution will be the best solution. The old CDMA cellular is not that great and only last 5 years. Both send by default every 4 hours but can be put in to high data mode for more.

http://solaredge.com/sites/default/f...tasheet_na.pdf

http://solaredge.com/sites/default/f...tasheet_na.pdf
            OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Originally posted by paris401 View Post

Our Zigbee card not available problem never updated once the system awoke for the day without a card found. You stated it updates sometimes or a few times per day. To SE if this is your problem, you can check the SEstatus window by pushing the black status button under the status screen. As you scroll through, it'll show a Zigbee not found card error.

If this is your problem, and if your regular internet connection is solid, going the hard wire network as Butch mentioned is the best way to solve it.

Comment

Having same issues, WiFi ?? Nothing available since May 2017 and no one responding to email? How does one reset the WiFi connection?

Comment

This space was left empty - moderator

Only post plain english text, no foreign chars. Posting from apple phones often triggers the canned meat filter
                  Last edited by Mike90250; 05-06-2018, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X