Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inverter more than 20KW on grid system super market store load.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inverter more than 20KW on grid system super market store load.

Inverter of more than 20 KW are available and if yes how to buy them and from where.

I need to know are these inverters for three phase or single phase? Can it be use for on grid system.

Originally posted by rabiaumer123 View Post
    Inverter of more than 20 KW are available and if yes how to buy them and from where.

I need to know are these inverters for three phase or single phase? Can it be use for on grid system.

Yaskawa, Schneider, and SMA all have 500kW inverters. I think all of them are 3-phase and higher voltage then typical 208V 3-phase you see in the US.
    And they probably all have ones in between 20kW and 500kW.
    I think you need to backup a bit and start with what you're trying to do.
    Is your goal to offset a residence's or a business's consumption via net metering? If so, how many kwH? And have you estimated how many kW of panels you need by playing around with http://pvwatts.nrel.gov/pvwatts.php ?
    Or is your goal to setup a solar farm that you sell power to one or more utilities? (If that's your goal you're probably out of your depth - that you're asking whether there are >20KW inverters likely means you don't know anything about interconnecting with the utilities and such, so you would have a lot to learn)
    Or is your goal something else?

Comment

You can buy them as large as 1 Mw. Once you go above consumer grade, you are into Commercial and Industrial systems. Those systems require licensed professionals to design and operate. It also means custom made for the application.
      MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...
      X