APSystems ECU-3 scraping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APSystems ECU-3 scraping

While APS EMA site does provide some functionality to view energy production, it is very limited on creating reports and show energy production per panel/micro-inverter and break it down per day/week/month. Their reports hide individual panels and do not allow me to view if some panels are degrading at much faster pace than others.

Has anyone tried and succeeded in getting the ECU-3 data scraped to local database for storage? Possibly there is an undocumented API that allows reaching the local DB, otherwise I will be looking into possibility of 'scraping' data from html page and loading into local database.

Thanks!

I think this is a function beyond most homeowner systems and is more suited to large grid installs ?? It's above my pay scale
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

I do agree this is not something that every homeowner is after. However there are quite a few APS ECU-3 installations out there and I was hoping someone had already been able to find a backdoor to the webserver for additional analysis.

Comment

2by4, i want to be able to do the same exact thing with my APS inverter. Hopefully someone knows a trick.

Comment

I think there should be a local database query to load and excel sheet directly from the ECiU. The problem is finding it..

Comment

Resurrecting an old thread because I've been thinking about the same problem. Did anyone find or build a solution for this?

Comment

I do not think this is just for large systems. If you have a panel that is not producing as much as it should everyone should want to know about it. If a tree shadows a panel or it just needs cleaning it would show up in the report. If an inverter has a problem we all should know about it. I would like to be able to see how each panel did when compared to the array average for the last x data point sets where x could be any number but week month or year come to mind.
              Need to filter out night hours as an option.

I like the older layout better than the new one. I would like to be able to switch back to the old one some times.
              Is anyone scrapping data?
              Last edited by john phillips; 01-14-2017, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Agree that it's not just for large systems, and if done right, could also be used to push up to PVOutput, for example.

I have an older ECU (circa 2013) and the HTML would be easy to scrape and parse. Are there "best practice" polling intervals? Will perhaps have a go sometime soon, but also interested to know if anyone else has already done it.

Comment

Wrote a quick python script to scrape from my ECU. Requires python 3.x (scripting language) and the "BeautifulSoup" module. Might not work for newer models, but you'll get the idea. The forum won't let me attach it as a file, so you'll need to grab the gist from https://gist.github.com/anonymous/c4...bf83c69fd6a1ee

Comment

Does your script load the entire DB to a spread sheet?

Comment

Originally posted by john phillips View Post
                      Does your script load the entire DB to a spread sheet?
                      Don't have access to the DB, just the web pages which show current power output and summary data. Right now, the scriptjust prints the current power output data.

Comment

If we could get access to the /cgi-bin/ directory there is a chance we could figure out how to query the database.
                        What happens if aps website goes down or away?

Comment

Hi, I scrape the current readings from the APS ECU and send the data to PVoutput.org so it is easier to see and compare (read Compete) with my neighbour.
                          Are you still interested?
                          I am using an Arduino/ESP8266 to do the hard work. I have made a few for other people. Google APSECU2PVO .
                          My data andmy neighbour
                          https://pvoutput.org/comparelive.jsp...868&sid1=29357

Terry

Comment

Any update on this? the python script doesnt work with my ECU3 v.4 on software v4.1NA I would love to run this on my debian box to push to pvoutput from the ECU or something..

Comment

Working...
                            X