How to Compare Solar Panels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Compare Solar Panels?

When i buy solar panels there are so many choices for me, i want to know how to compare solar panels ?

Well you could try the good old site sponsor http://www.solarreviews.com/solar-panel-reviews/

Comment

Originally posted by solar pete View Post
      Well you could try the good old site sponsor http://www.solarreviews.com/solar-panel-reviews/
      ok ,thank you !

Comment

While I think I can guarantee you that each manufacturer will have seemingly compelling reasons for why their panels are better, PV panels are pretty much a commodity anymore and your most important metric is dollars/watt. 25 year warranties are standard and they will all last much longer than that. The basic electrical specs are very similar - all panels will work with all inverters. There are some panels (monocrystaline types) that are more efficient and take less space on the roof - but they cost a lot more and if your roof has plenty of space then are not advisable. Appearance is a factor. All black panels (monocrystaline black cells, black frame, black backsheet) do look better but also have higher $/w and are a little less efficient because panel efficiency goes down as they get hotter. A deciding factor for many people is country of manufacture. Asian made panels are the least expensive - but if you stick with the major brands, the quality and company strength will be fine. With a 25 year warranty, your real quality issue is whether the company is going to still be around - not whether the panel will fail. Want American made? Expect to pay 10 to 40% more. A lot of the high dollar automated equipment that they all use to make panels is American made - so they buy our equipment and we buy their panels.
        What panels do I use? For what its worth - I like Hanwa Q-cells, engineered in Germany, are good $/w, have good availability, and have unusually long leads which allow for a neat wiring technique called skip wiring.
        BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

Originally posted by solarix View Post
          While I think I can guarantee you that each manufacturer will have seemingly compelling reasons for why their panels are better, PV panels are pretty much a commodity anymore and your most important metric is dollars/watt. 25 year warranties are standard and they will all last much longer than that. The basic electrical specs are very similar - all panels will work with all inverters. There are some panels (monocrystaline types) that are more efficient and take less space on the roof - but they cost a lot more and if your roof has plenty of space then are not advisable. Appearance is a factor. All black panels (monocrystaline black cells, black frame, black backsheet) do look better but also have higher $/w and are a little less efficient because panel efficiency goes down as they get hotter. A deciding factor for many people is country of manufacture. Asian made panels are the least expensive - but if you stick with the major brands, the quality and company strength will be fine. With a 25 year warranty, your real quality issue is whether the company is going to still be around - not whether the panel will fail. Want American made? Expect to pay 10 to 40% more. A lot of the high dollar automated equipment that they all use to make panels is American made - so they buy our equipment and we buy their panels.
          What panels do I use? For what its worth - I like Hanwa Q-cells, engineered in Germany, are good $/w, have good availability, and have unusually long leads which allow for a neat wiring technique called skip wiring.
          Wow, you really too erudite , it is sounds so good for me ,thank you so much !

Comment

Originally posted by alinda View Post
            When i buy solar panels there are so many choices for me, i want to know how to compare solar panels ?
            If you wanna compare solar panels you can try with www.pvcompare.net , you cannot buy something from there website is just an information site, but you can compare real outputs from real pv plants from all over the world . So you can esclude cr... ones or you can understand which ones are the best solution in your area or with that inclination or orientation. There so many thinks like temp. coeff etc etc that influencing the output of the pv-plant. So no one can say you this products is the best one, because it depends from many things. Obviously there are well known companies that are almost always the best choice.

Comment

Working...
            X