• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brilliant!!!!
    Solar Queen
    altE Store

Comment

I had no garage door opener issues after going solar but I did have to move the base unit of my security alarm to a different area. The wireless sensors of my detached garage weren't always in range of the base unit. Just putting all those PV panels on the roof probably caused that, not just the inverter portion. I also had to re-adjust my over-the-air TV antenna in the attic because we don't use cable, dish TV or such.
      Dave W. Gilbert AZ
      6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

I just installed my system and now my garage door will not work during the day. I was going to try the pringles can idea but have no idea how to make the V he is talking about. I tried to extend my antenna but that has not effect. I know this is an old post but does anyone else have any ideas

Comment

What type of system is it, micro inverters, central inverter, optimizers? You could snoop around that equipment
          and see if there is a bad radio noise spot. Opening attempt would be put the door radio with its antenna as close
          to the vehicle and as far away from the solar noise as possible. Going to a higher frequency radio would help, as
          would a directional antenna. The other method is use shielding or radio filtering on the solar equipment. Bruce Roe

Comment

It is a microinverter system installed by Affordable. I tried to extend the antenna but no luck. Of course with any antenna, it needs to be cut to the proper length but even so, I have to get right up on the extension, which is brought to outside the garage. SO there must be something really noisy. I may have to take a spectrum analyzer up there and see if I can locate it. I have a newer lift master and I looked and do see that it can be upgraded to a higher frequency. I

Comment

There is a chance that faulty wiring is causing an arc that will kill everything. Otherwise some filtering on the down
              leads could help. Sometimes ferrite beads will buy a few DB, but a (rather expensive) purpose built filter where the
              micro AC feeds down would do better. I assume the problem goes away at night.

Perhaps your radio is built into the door opener? Lengthening the ant will not stop pickup close to the radio, you
              would need to use a shielded feed line to a rather remote and optimum location ant. This is one of the reasons I
              keep the radio completely separate from the opener, like another button. Running a dated 390 MZ AM system
              here. This well located, directional radio-ant solved problems here. Bruce Roe

390MHZRadAnt.png
              Last edited by bcroe; 11-06-2018, 05:23 PM.

Comment

I never satisfactorily resolved this issue...until....

Recently a hinge broke on one of the door panels so I had it serviced and the hinge replaced. I asked the technician about the limited range of the remotes and he immediately asked if I'd replaced the lamps with LEDs. YES...I had done this and I probably did it around the same time I had the Solar PV installed due to wanting to be as efficient as possible. I removed and replaced the LED bulbs and believe it or not have not had a problem since.

This does seem a bit wacky as the bulbs are not actually on until the door is opening/open but it worked for me.
                [url]http://tiny.cc/m8ex0x[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by UkiwiS View Post
                  I never satisfactorily resolved this issue...until....

Recently a hinge broke on one of the door panels so I had it serviced and the hinge replaced. I asked the technician about the limited range of the remotes and he immediately asked if I'd replaced the lamps with LEDs. YES...I had done this and I probably did it around the same time I had the Solar PV installed due to wanting to be as efficient as possible. I removed and replaced the LED bulbs and believe it or not have not had a problem since.

This does seem a bit wacky as the bulbs are not actually on until the door is opening/open but it worked for me.
                  Most LED lamps have electronics that will generate harmonics which can cause electrical power issues on the line that feeds it.

They also may emit a radio frequency that can interfere with wireless devices.
                  Last edited by SunEagle; 01-23-2019, 07:44 PM.

Comment

A radio frequency filter might take care of the LED bulbs, possibly a shield would also
                    be required. Try snooping them with an AM portable radio. Bruce Roe

Comment

Working...
                    X