Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can you actually buy Solar panel for $0.50 per watt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can you actually buy Solar panel for $0.50 per watt?

I keep on hearing in multiple sources that solar panel costs have dropped. Like this one:
    http://www.solarreviews.com/news/top...-watt-in-2015/

However, most places have solar panels at $0.80 or $0.90 cent at best like sunelec.com.

Is there actually any online stores you can buy solar panels to closer to $0.50 per watt?

Originally posted by unseengundam View Post
    Is there actually any online stores you can buy solar panels to closer to $0.50 per watt?
    Without digging any deeper than reviewing the chart and information, I'd say they are production costs in China at/near a Chinese port, or the price fob. They then need to be sold to a distributor, landed and dutied here, distributed again, delivered again and there are profits along the way. If I'm correct, getting from $.50 to $.90 actually sounds quite efficient.

Comment

$.66/w at renvu for 250W panels.

Your link says "Top Chinese Manufacturers Will Produce Solar Panels for 42 Cents per Watt in 2015".
      Selling retail for 57% more than what it costs to manufacture seems quite reasonable.

Comment

Sun electric is at 52 cents for US panels. 32 cents for export only panels (can not be used in US).

Comment

Wholesale prices are probably right around $.50. But retail price is significantly higher than that. The best prices I have seen are around $.75/watt. That's a pretty reasonable markup considering shipping to US and distributor mark up.

Comment

Without doing a lot of research I found that the cost / watt went down when the purchase size went up. A pallet of 250 watt panels would be much lower in cost then just getting 6 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Wy_White_Wolf View Post
              Sun electric is at 52 cents for US panels.
              You mean these guys?
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Electric

Comment

Originally posted by foo1bar View Post
                sunelec.com

Comment

THANK YOU foo1bar!!!! Renvu is a great site with lowest prices I have seen on equipment.

This is definitely the type of site I was looking for when I created this post, thanks again!

Originally posted by foo1bar View Post
                  $.66/w at renvu for 250W panels.

Your link says "Top Chinese Manufacturers Will Produce Solar Panels for 42 Cents per Watt in 2015".
                  Selling retail for 57% more than what it costs to manufacture seems quite reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by unseengundam View Post
                    THANK YOU foo1bar!!!! Renvu is a great site with lowest prices I have seen on equipment.

This is definitely the type of site I was looking for when I created this post, thanks again!
                    Just the other day, I bought their LG 300 NeONs for $315 a piece ($1.05/W) which was a great deal. I added some well-priced M250 micros at $140 a pop ($.47/W) and I thought I was set...

Suddenly, they had a fire sale on LG 300 ACe panels for... $315. It's the same panel as NeONs except it also has the 285 Watt micro built in. This works out to 58 cents per panel (one of the best in the world) in my eyes. Not a bad deal and I got their last 10
                    10 x LG300 ACe, 24 x M250 (9.84 kW DC)

Comment

At sunelec.com. They have a 60 cell mono panel for $0.55/watt in quantitys over 15. Click on the "Csun QSAR 255-60m."

Comment

There are mighty heavy tariffs to be paid on Chinese solar panels. If you buy from China they will be flagged and held in US customs until you shell out the tariff tax and get them released.

Comment

i see 60-65 cents sometimes, but never seen 50cents w shipping

Comment

I've been watching solar panels for a few months now. The only way to beat 65 cents is to get them used on CList. The best I've done was 65 cents, new in box from a guy that gave up. That's for 4 Renogy 100w Polycrystalline.

Comment

Originally posted by egebhardt View Post
                              I've been watching solar panels for a few months now. The only way to beat 65 cents is to get them used on CList. The best I've done was 65 cents, new in box from a guy that gave up. That's for 4 Renogy 100w Polycrystalline.
                              You might be able to find small groups of panels on Clist but those 100 watt panels are really not made for a grid tie system. Also if you get different types of panels you may find it hard to use them all due to vastly different specifications for each brand and model.

Comment

Working...
                              X