Mirroring/intercepting SunPower Monitoring Traffic?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FishGun
    replied
    You can view the 'data rich' version of their website too. Have you seen it? Sounds like exactly what you want to see.
    I use the simple version for my ph and the fully loaded version on my pc.

Leave a comment:

• Mirroring/intercepting SunPower Monitoring Traffic?

Anyone have any experience intercepting the network traffic of a SunPower Monitoring system?

We have a SunPower-based install (12 335-W panels in two strings and an SMA SunnyBoy inverter), with monitoring (including the consumption monitoring kit), but while the monitoring equipment captures all kinds of interesting data from the inverters (temperature, per-string stats, etc.), meter and monitoring system, the only data that gets shown on the dumbed-down SunPower Monitoring site is simple production and consumption (in 5-minute intervals).

I'd like to "tee-off" the monitoring packets that the SunPower box is sending to the SunPower servers, and mirror that data to a local server (currently a Raspberry Pi), so I can collect the data locally for processing/display offline.

Seems likely that there would be a way to control where the SunPower monitoring hardware sends the data, and I could either have it send to both the SP monitoring server and my local server, or have it send to my server, and I could forward it from there to the SP monitoring server. Or I suppose I could set myself up as a network proxy, and configure the SP monitoring hardware to use my proxy to communicate with the SP server.

Is there anyone here who has familiarity with this equipment, and can advise me?

Thanks in advance, and if this is the wrong forum for a question like this, my apologies (this is my first post)...
Working...