Difference between SunPower SPR-E20-327 and X20-327?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sunnyvalejohn
    • Sep 2014

Difference between SunPower SPR-E20-327 and X20-327?

I am starting to look through my quotes and am trying to figure out the differences in the Sunpower E20-327 and the X20-327. I assume the X20 is just a newer generation, but is there anything else I should care about and look for?
    I searched the forum and didn't find a comparison.
    Thanks,
    John
  • PVAndy
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Sunnyvalejohn
    I am starting to look through my quotes and am trying to figure out the differences in the Sunpower E20-327 and the X20-327. I assume the X20 is just a newer generation, but is there anything else I should care about and look for?
    Thanks,
    John
    If you do a Google search on SPRX20-327 and either SPRE20-327 or SPR327NE-WHT-D you'll see the difference. I think the real difference is that I'm not sure SunPower ever made the X20-327. They make a SPRX21-335 and SPRX21-345 that are more efficient but significantly more expensive than the SPR327NE-WHT-D which is their current production model of a 327

The X-20 327 shows as an all black panel and as far as I know the 335 is SunPower's only black panel in that power range.

Andy

Comment

• Sunnyvalejohn
      • Sep 2014

Thanks for replying on that!
      Cheers
      John

Comment

• quitepossibly
        • May 2014

Originally posted by PVAndy
        If you do a Google search on SPRX20-327 and either SPRE20-327 or SPR327NE-WHT-D you'll see the difference. I think the real difference is that I'm not sure SunPower ever made the X20-327. They make a SPRX21-335 and SPRX21-345 that are more efficient but significantly more expensive than the SPR327NE-WHT-D which is their current production model of a 327

The X-20 327 shows as an all black panel and as far as I know the 335 is SunPower's only black panel in that power range.

Andy
        I actually received a brochure from an installer that showed the Sunpower X20-327-BLK panel, so I assume that it exists.

Comment

• Naptown
          Solar Fanatic
          • Feb 2011

Old brochure.
          Current line up are E20-327
          X21 335 ( the only all black module) and the X21-345.
          Both the 327 and the 344 have white back sheets so will show a diamond pattern to them.
          The 335 is substantially more expensive than the other two.
          NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional

[URL="http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?5334-Solar-Off-Grid-Battery-Design"]http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design[/URL]

[URL]http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html[/URL] (Voltage drop Calculator among others)

[URL="http://www.gaisma.com"]www.gaisma.com[/URL]

Comment

• granders51
            • Oct 2014

X20/327 Panels

Originally posted by Sunnyvalejohn
            Thanks,
            John
            John,

The x series Panels are basically the X21 335's that do not meet Sunpower's strict QC requirments so they are downgraded...They have a toleance o 0/5% so if the 335 panels come in at 334w then they are downgraded and sold as the 327's....I have almost 200 of them on my commerical building and my home. They look just like the 335 all blacks...they use the Maxeon cell and are the highest efficiency panel you can get BELOW the 335/345 panels.

I highly recommend them.

TM

Comment

• sensij
              Solar Fanatic
              • Sep 2014

The Sunpower panels are highly rated, but if you haven't gotten a proposal with a different panel yet, you might be unaware of the premium built into the proposal. If the high efficiency is needed because the installation area is tight, the case for buying Sunpower panels can be solid. Warranty support and other intangibles may also be in Sunpower's favor. If cost is important, you might find there are alternatives that offer better value.
              CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

• tracym
                • Feb 2014

x20-327's

Originally posted by sensij
                The Sunpower panels are highly rated, but if you haven't gotten a proposal with a different panel yet, you might be unaware of the premium built into the proposal. If the high efficiency is needed because the installation area is tight, the case for buying Sunpower panels can be solid. Warranty support and other intangibles may also be in Sunpower's favor. If cost is important, you might find there are alternatives that offer better value.
                One thing I would say that is often overlooked...My Sunpower panels turn on early and make more power, even on cloudy day's or even rainy days than I would ever expect.....From speaking to my rep he says the power I am seeing is power that would never be generated from other, less efficient systems.

You usually get what you pay for....and with Sunpower I feel that it was money well spent...and in the long haul it was the best money spent.

TM

Comment

• russ
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by tracym
                  One thing I would say that is often overlooked...My Sunpower panels turn on early and make more power, even on cloudy day's or even rainy days than I would ever expect.....From speaking to my rep he says the power I am seeing is power that would never be generated from other, less efficient systems.

You usually get what you pay for....and with Sunpower I feel that it was money well spent...and in the long haul it was the best money spent.

TM
                  Tracy - You are just repeating the salesman's BS - They do not "turn on" early and the cloudy day stuff is - - -

If you are just trying to explain how come you pissed away money OK - that is your business to start with.
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• tracym
                    • Feb 2014

Bull****

Originally posted by russ
                    Tracy - You are just repeating the salesman's BS - They do not "turn on" early and the cloudy day stuff is - - -

If you are just trying to explain how come you pissed away money OK - that is your business to start with.
                    What do I stand to gain?

I have seen completely cloudy/overcast days where my system makes 20KWH in a day and cover almost 100% of my usage....less efficient system's would not produce that.

Take it for what it's worth.....

Let's do this....in 5 years....let's compare output #'s? Everyone's a rock star in year one...Let's see what your system in producing 5 years from now...Bet the Sunpower panels lose less.

have a great day...

TM

Comment

• russ
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Jul 2009

What do I stand to gain?

I have seen completely cloudy/overcast days where my system makes 20KWH in a day and cover almost 100% of my usage....less efficient system's would not produce that.

Let's do this....in 5 years....let's compare output #'s? Everyone's a rock star in year one...Let's see what your system in producing 5 years from now...Bet the Sunpower panels lose less.

have a great day...

TM
                      Completely cloudy days and you make 20 kWh - you are smoking something
                      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• thejq
                        Solar Fanatic
                        • Jul 2014

What do I stand to gain?

have a great day...

TM
                        Tracy, I'm interested in how you're system are configured and its production. You and I have similar climate (within 100 miles and a couple of miles from the coast). Up to yesterday (Oct 20th), my none-Sunpower 4.8KW system produced about 480KWh (see link in my signature). Does your system produce a lot more in AC W/DC W? There were quite a few cloudy days as you can see the dips.
                        16xLG300N1C+SE6000[url]http://tiny.cc/ojmxyx[/url]

Comment

• granders51
                          • Oct 2014

Production

Very cool that you can share your solar edge monitoring...

I am at 1.07MWH month to date..Looks like your making 3.6kw right now in real time and I am making 8.4kw...

TM

Comment

• granders51
                            • Oct 2014

Production

Originally posted by thejq
                            Tracy, I'm interested in how you're system are configured and its production. You and I have similar climate (within 100 miles and a couple of miles from the coast). Up to yesterday (Oct 20th), my none-Sunpower 4.8KW system produced about 480KWh (see link in my signature). Does your system produce a lot more in AC W/DC W? There were quite a few cloudy days as you can see the dips.
                            I have 2 SE-6000A inverters with optimizers and 38 SPR x20-327 panels.....My roof is very faceted so the layout is pretty crazy.

If you look at the production on my system vs. yours especially on a day like the 7th...you see a a a 27% dip where as mine was 15%.....Could be the optimizers or the panels....or roof angle...But I noticed my system did well especially in the spring and I expect the fall to be the same as the summer was just ok...my best month was may I believe.

TM

Comment

• J.P.M.
                              Solar Fanatic
                              • Aug 2013

What do I stand to gain?

have a great day...

TM
                              Question(s): How big is your system and what is the approx. tilt and azimuth ? Must be pretty big to get 20kWh production on a cloudy day.

Comment

Working...