Broken Solyndra panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Solyndra panels

Just noticed that there are a few broken tubes in some of our Solyndra panels. Looks like water got into the tubes and froze. Is there anyone who can repair these or do I have to look for replacement panels?

I expect you are buying new tubes as solyndra is long gone. There are couple of folks on Ebay who sell them. At least one of them has a warehouse full that I expect he paid too much for as his prices per watt are higher than regular PV. As solyndra wasnt on the marker that long I expect that durability issues will crop up.

Comment

Repairing Solyndra panels not a problem

Originally posted by bhop View Post
      Just noticed that there are a few broken tubes in some of our Solyndra panels. Looks like water got into the tubes and froze. Is there anyone who can repair these or do I have to look for replacement panels?
      I have a patten pending and a proven method that is extreamly cost effective to saving these systems. I recently had several quotes of over $100,000 to repair over 210 panels in which the conventional method would take several months as well as down time and of course getting repair panels would have been a problem. my partner and I were able to do this in less than 2 weeks at less than 2 thirds the cost and we can now get the customer their ROI and we can make the system parts that we have in reserve last around 60 years.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkymarjon View Post
        I have a patten pending and a proven method that is extreamly cost effective to saving these systems. I recently had several quotes of over $100,000 to repair over 210 panels in which the conventional method would take several months as well as down time and of course getting repair panels would have been a problem. my partner and I were able to do this in less than 2 weeks at less than 2 thirds the cost and we can now get the customer their ROI and we can make the system parts that we have in reserve last around 60 years.
        Do you have a number for that patten or rather patent?
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Broken solyndra panel repairs

Originally posted by russ View Post
          Do you have a number for that patten or rather patent?
          It is Patent Pending {thank you for pointing out the spelling correction } The papers are filed, Partner has the filed paperwork and we would request an NDA in addition before anymore info is exchanged. If you have a problem and need repair we may be able to help you. Please state your situation in detail. Thank you

Comment

Solyndra panel repair service

Originally posted by sparkymarjon View Post
            It is Patent Pending {thank you for pointing out the spelling correction } The papers are filed, Partner has the filed paperwork and we would request an NDA in addition before anymore info is exchanged. If you have a problem and need repair we may be able to help you. Please state your situation in detail. Thank you
            There is a company that specializes in servicing, repairing solyndra systems at a low cost. I would start by contacting them first. Contact xxxxxx.com

Mod note - we don't have any idea about these guys
            Last edited by russ; 11-11-2014, 02:42 AM. Reason: removed link

Comment

Hi folks, I have three 173W 200 series panels left over from a project we did a few years ago.
              A buddy and I bought a bunch at auction and split the lot. We shipped his half to Texas and installed on his dad's shed.
              I was not able to get any tax breaks on them in AZ unless I used a licensed solar installer, and none would install product they didn't sell, so I sold the lot to my buddy and kept the three for a jacuzzi pump project that I never got around to.
              One of the panels has three broken tubes on one end.
              Now I'm moving, so I want to get rid of them or at least take the one with broken tubes apart to make some little fun projects with the individual tubes or donate them to the local high school.
              I also have 8 tall stands, so enough for all three panels on one array.
              Is there any value to these?
              I'm sure the right person would pay a fair price for them.
              I'm not looking for huge $ per watt. Just something to help cover my losses on them.
              They are in Scottsdale, AZ.
              Apologies if this is not allowed here. I have them listed for sale, but no LOCAL interest.
              Last edited by ZoNiE; 04-12-2020, 10:00 PM.
              House-Sun Earth Hot Water.
              RV-390W Kyocera, Kid.

Comment

Good luck, Flea Bay is probably your only hope but make sure that you list them as pick up only.

Comment

Working...
                X