Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nat1971a View Post
    http://www.brunerridge.com/

The northstar Blue batteries are designed for off grid apparently. (Northstar NSB 170 Blue)
    No they are not. Northstar makes Telcom, UPS, and cranking batteries. None of which are suitable for RE applications. Here is another cut sheet for the NSB170FT battery. States very clearly it is a Telecom battery. It's niche is it is very low internal resistance which means it can deliver very high discharge rates and has no limit on charge current. Exactly what you need for a UPS to provide a very high discharge current just long enough to get the generator fired up to take over, then be recharged very fast so it is ready to go again ASAP.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by nat1971a View Post
      http://www.brunerridge.com/

The northstar Blue batteries are designed for off grid apparently. (Northstar NSB 170 Blue)

Check the above link for a real life example using 60+ northstar batteries including racks.
      I have to agree with russ and Sunking. The NSB 170 Blue claims to be made for multiple cycles and fast recharges but does not provide the same data as a true Deep Cycle RE battery.

Brunerridge even claims that they will be monitoring this battery while residing in the home that it is installed. Looks like they do not have good "life cycle" data yet which is why they don't provide hard specifications.

Comment

It would appear that the people at bruner ridge are conducting a very expensive experiment with these batteries.

Comment

Rise! Rise! Necro post!

Hello all. I am pulling the trigger and purchasing 8 of these batteries from a local guy selling them at $120 each. Just a steal of a price and they have to last a decent while.

Even if these just last a year, I will be happy enough and will by then have enough income from my business to invest in anything better.

But I would be happy to hear from anyone that may have had more experience with these batteries since 2013 and will be happy to post my experiences with them.

Comment

Working...
          X