What 100 amp load center works in this configuration?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fraser
    • May 2016

What 100 amp load center works in this configuration?

I'm trying to finish my solar installation and I just need to get the correct solar load center (see circled component in attachment). My electrician wasn't sure if there is a specific type of load center required for PV, or if we can use a simple 100amp load center from home depot. As you can see there is a 60a and 40a breaker inside for the 2 different inverters (10kw and 6kw) I know this is an easy question for some of you, I just didn't want to get the wrong item. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files
  • Rade
    • Aug 2023

From your diagram it looks like a standard sub panel that can handle both a 60amp and 40amp breaker. Much like a yard breaker box you might have next to an above ground pool. Just have your electrician make sure the box is grounded and that the circuits are properly in phase.

I, however, am not an electrician, did not play one on TV nor stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. Just a home owner with 30+ years of experience with assorted new and aged electrical components that I had to content with and make work.
    Last edited by Rade; 11-18-2023, 09:09 AM.
    Rade Radosevich-Slay
    Tiverton, RI

Comment

• solarix
      Super Moderator
      • Apr 2015

OK on the combiner panel being a 100A "subpanel". Make sure also that the other 50A subpanel is protected by a branch breaker though...
      BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

Working...