Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John drew
    • Jul 2023

Need to reroute connection?

My panel's were connected directly to house fuse box when rewiring house but since then I don't seem to be benefiting from using less energy ,before power was fed into ring main before the main fuse box and I had very low electricity use ,the dig ital meter is always showing red when power is being produced so why is my energy bill so high help please
  • SunEagle
    Super Moderator
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by John drew
    My panel's were connected directly to house fuse box when rewiring house but since then I don't seem to be benefiting from using less energy ,before power was fed into ring main before the main fuse box and I had very low electricity use ,the dig ital meter is always showing red when power is being produced so why is my energy bill so high help please
    Unless you have a contract with your POCO for solar, they may be charging you for all the power you send them.

Comment

• John drew
      • Jul 2023

I have just fired an email off to octopus explaining what you have said about poco contract I have been wondering why my bills have been so high before this gigital meter was installed we were lucky if our bills in the summer were£20 will keep informed when I hear back from octopus energy.

Comment

• John drew
        • Jul 2023

Am thinking of getting a French 2 panel system with micro inverters pre fitted they say can plug into circuit and feed into ring main without the large normal inverter power input would be max at 880 Watts would this be safe.

Comment

• azdave
          • Oct 2014

Am thinking of getting a French 2 panel system with micro inverters pre fitted they say can plug into circuit and feed into ring main without the large normal inverter power input would be max at 880 Watts would this be safe.
          In the USA, it is not considered safe to back feed energy through a normal wall outlet so not legal here. People will still buy them and plug them in because they can be purchased online with no restrictions. If you are outside of the USA, I don't know the rules in you area but it can be unsafe if you are not careful about circuit loading.
          Dave W. Gilbert AZ
          6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

• SunEagle
            Super Moderator
            • Oct 2012

Plugging any solar production back into a non dedicated outlet is actually illegal in the US. It is also dangerous due to over loading the wire and circuit if it is shared. Please check your local safety requirements before you do what you plan.

Comment

Working...