No announcement yet.

Mix and Match panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is what I come up with for my panels, please let me know if you have any other way to make it better.

2020-11-11_105650.jpg

Comment

Are there anything wrong with the above setup?

Comment

Originally posted by monogram View Post
        Are there anything wrong with the above setup?
        It looks like the 2 inverters on the right are connected to separate loads via a single dedicated outlet. While that should be ok it is not since an inverter probably will not work connected directly to a solar panel..

The grid tie inverter is connected to a combo box for the panel array which should be ok if you do not exceed the inverter specs.

The MakeSkyblue charge controller is connected to a battery system which should be ok if the panel current is about 10% of the battery Ah rating. But I do not know if you can connect the batteries or the Skyblue charger to the grid tie inverter. Unless that grid tie inverter is a hybrid which can charge the battery system without the grid then it is ok but the grid tie inverter and the Skyblue charger may fight each other to charge the batteries.

I believe you have a lot of different equipment which you will have a hard time combining into a single or even two system.

Comment

Hi SunEagle,

Thank you for your response.

For 2 inverter on the right, each of the inverter will connect to different outlet from different main breaker (phase 1 and phase 2). Do you think those 365W panels (6 panels) are good on that setup or should I swap it with the 12 panels group on the Growatt side?

Since the Growatt has maximum charge voltage set at 58.4V and my LTO batteries required full charge at 64.8V therefore the LTO batteries will never get full charge. To make the LTO be able to get full charge, I plan to install MakeSkyBlue (MSB) CC and connect it to the batteries combiner (LiPo and LTO) and set the maximum charge voltage on MakeSkyBlue to 64.8V.

Here is my theory, when the LiPo reach 58.4V, the Growatt will reduce the charge power and stay on that low power until the LiPO BMS cut off the charge when the voltage above 58.4V then Growatt will not provide any more power even the Solar still produce a lot of power. (wasted power). To keep the LTO batteries continue to charge, the MSB continue to provide charge power to LTO until it reach the set voltage at 64.8V then both BMS and MSB will stop the charge.

At night, the load that connect to Growatt Hybrid inverter will continue to provide the power from LiPO and LTO batteries in parrallel. When the LiPo batteries reach 47V then LiPo BMS will shutdown. At this time, the Growatt still get the power from LTO batteries and when the LTO reach 41V (cut off volt) then BMS will shutdown. At this time, The Growatt will get switch to Grid to continue provide the power to the load.

Does my theory make sense and look right?

How about the panels combination layout with 3S2P string for the Growatt?

1.jpg

2.jpg
          3.jpg

4.jpg
          Attached Files
          Last edited by monogram; 11-13-2020, 04:32 PM.

Comment

I have refrained from commenting till now, because even well documented gear can be incredibly complex with many unanticipated interactions when wired up with other gear. The settings configuration has to be very precise to get things working the way you want them to, and sometimes, it's not possible. I have none of the gear you have listed and cannot advise you on how it might work.
            Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
            || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
            || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
            gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Working...
            X