Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SolarEdge Inverter - Internet

Hello,

I am nearing completion on my grid tied system with a 5k solaredge inverter. My inverter is the newer model without a screen. I am still deciding on if I want to run an eithernet cable out to the garage or break down and buy the $250 zigbee.

my question is, can I turn my system on without internet until I decide. If so, don’t you have to be able to map the optimizers though the app? How would I know everything is working as it should be without a screen or an app?

I just commissioned one and did it with WiFi direct to the inverter. You won't get reporting until you get internet. I have a Zigbee card and did not use it because stringing Cat6 was easier than figuring out Zigbee.
    9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

So you used hardline internet or not? When you turn everything on, how do you know all of your panels are working? I checked voltage on both strings and all my panels are totaling 1v per panel as it should.

not sure what you mean by WiFi direct to the inverter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhayes1 View Post
        So you used hardline internet or not? When you turn everything on, how do you know all of your panels are working? I checked voltage on both strings and all my panels are totaling 1v per panel as it should.

not sure what you mean by WiFi direct to the inverter.
        I recall doing it from the phone app to the inverter. Then after it booted up I was able to connect to my router with Cat6 (hardline) to my router. I don't have a clear recollection without checking the manual but I think I remember that the built in wifi (it may be bluetooth) is only for phone setup and you would have connect through the cable or a separate card. It is all in the manual which is at the site and not nearby.
        Mine was a warranty replacement inverter and the factory support was great.
        Last edited by Ampster; 06-19-2020, 02:55 PM.
        9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

You "just" have to install the SolarEdge app "setapp" onto your smartphone and make a wifi connection to the inverter, no doubt download the latest version of the inverter firmware to the inverter and then go through the commissioning procedure in the app. Having no display is a big pain in the app if you ask me and shows me what kind of company SolarEdge is.....
          BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

Working...
          X