X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by solarix
    Since when do roofs look "beautiful"? Most roofs have a bunch of ugly things like vents, flues, stacks, antennas, skylights etc sticking out of them. Everyone is used to those with no complaints, but Oh - put a solar panel on the roof and its a different story.
    Solar panels are beautiful...
    Beauty is in the eye.
    If you liked "2001 - A Space Odyssey", PV panels and arrays can be beautiful.
    40 years ago, a black slab that took up 2/3 of a roof section would most likely have been an eyesore to a lot of folks.
    Some folks still think so - as ~ 10 % of the folks in my HOA will agree.

Comment

• SunEagle
      Super Moderator
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by J.P.M.

Beauty is in the eye.
      If you liked "2001 - A Space Odyssey", PV panels and arrays can be beautiful.
      40 years ago, a black slab that took up 2/3 of a roof section would most likely have been an eyesore to a lot of folks.
      Some folks still think so - as ~ 10 % of the folks in my HOA will agree.
      I bet some of those folks fall into the "I don't like white picket fences" catagory.

Comment

• J.P.M.
        Solar Fanatic
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by SunEagle

I bet some of those folks fall into the "I don't like white picket fences" catagory.
        Probably.

Opinions are like noses. Among other attributes, and like some other body parts, most everyone has one, they mostly all smell most of the time, and they all get stuck in other people's business 1X/a while.

Comment

Working...