Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scrambler View Post
    I thought I would update this thread

At that point this means either my inverter is faulty, or there is a bug in the Inverter Software.
    I would give odds it is a software bug. I have seen sooo many of these (and some
    make the news) in so many fields. I credit them to a lacking quality ethic. Bruce Roe

Comment

Originally posted by bcroe View Post

I would give odds it is a software bug. I have seen sooo many of these (and some
      make the news) in so many fields. I credit them to a lacking quality ethic. Bruce Roe
      That is my gut feeling too...
      When I sent my report to the provider, I actually told them they should review the production graphs of the other inverters they have running in Self Supply mode to see if they present the same symptom. Like that they have a heads up on what I am going to find out after the inverter is replaced next week...

The fact they have not said anything about that problem which I reported over two month ago makes me wonder if they have no clue, or if they did not care to investigate, or if they knew but have no clue how to fix it....

Now that I have concrete evidence of the issue, if it turns out it is a bug in the Inverter Software, I will be able to keep the pressure on them and Darfon to fix it.
      At least I will be able to run a normal production in backup mode for the time it will take...

But if it is a bug in the SW, it will indeed say something about the quality control of the companies involved...
      Last edited by scrambler; 07-13-2020, 04:34 PM.

Comment

To close this, they did confirm the drops were a bug and addressed in in a firmware update.

Comment

Congrats on solving their problem. It’s a sad state of affairs when a customer/end user has to do the quality control and software diagnostics for the supplier/manufacturer. Glad that your got your problem resolved. Thanks for closing the circle on this thread and letting us know the resolution.

Comment

Working...
          X