Electrician for installation in Albuquerque NM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrician for installation in Albuquerque NM

I'm trying to install panels myself, but my state (New Mexico) requires a licensed electrician to do the electrical work. Can anyone recommend a Albuquerque-based one to help me with my DIY array?

diogenes,

I am in Albuquerque and am looking for the same. Did you come up with anyone you can recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by diogenes500 View Post
      I'm trying to install panels myself, but my state (New Mexico) requires a licensed electrician to do the electrical work. Can anyone recommend a Albuquerque-based one to help me with my DIY array?
      I lived in NW Albuquerque near Coors Blvd. for several years. When in came to the home repairs/remodeling trades, including licensed electrical contractors, finding someone to show up, much less do competent work, was a source of ongoing frustration.

NM was just about the prettiest (and sunniest) place I've ever lived, but I quickly found out, If I couldn't do something myself, I was S.O.L.

Just the way NM is I guess.

Comment

Fr8tdrvr,

I eventually found one but he wanted what I thought was too much for the size of my project (~ 5kW), around $2k. He came recommended though so if want I could see if he's still interested in such jobs. I eventually gave up and and went with one of the regular installers which given all the hassle it would be to put it up myself was the right choice for me.

Comment

I am looking for some one in DFW area. Can some one recommend any one?

Comment

The construction industry in general and the solar trade in particular is very busy these days and getting someone to do a labor only install will be nigh impossible. A lot of the profit is in supplying the materials and no one except the incompetent types are going to just do the labor. Solar is not that hard to do yourself and you can save a lot of money doing so, but most states require the electrical to be done by a licensed electrician so there is the rub. And I can tell you there is good reason to required a license for electrical - with all the poor workmanship I've seen out there....
            BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

Working...
            X