Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I find the "CERTIFYING ENTITY" for Generating Facility equipment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I find the "CERTIFYING ENTITY" for Generating Facility equipment?

I'm new to installing and am stuck on a part of the documentation the power company requires. In the application it is required to list components of the "Generating Facility equipment package" and their certifying entity.

List components of the Generating Facility equipment package that are currently certified:

EQUIPMENT TYPE CERTIFYING ENTITY
    1._____________ _________________

2._______________ ___________________
    3. <etc>

I've searched around the internet and this seems to be common for power companies to require this list, but I can't a good enough description or example to figure it out. First, what counts as "Generating Facility equipment package": solar panels, inverter, power optimizer, disconnect, ... ? Second, how do I find the CERTIFYING ENTITY. As a concrete example, I plan on using
    a) Hyundai RI 360W 72 cell panel
    b) SolarEdge SE5000H-US inverter
    c) SolarEdge P4000 power optimizers

I would guess it is UL certification. The SolarEdge site should publish those certificates if you need to supply them. What state are you in?
    9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

I'm in New Mexico. For the panels and inverter the companies talk about their UL compliance, but for the power optimizer I can't find anything. Maybe only panels and the inverter need be on the list? Also, as CERTIFYING ENTITY would I just put "UL certified" ?

Comment

Originally posted by diogenes500 View Post
        I'm in New Mexico. For the panels and inverter the companies talk about their UL compliance, but for the power optimizer I can't find anything. Maybe only panels and the inverter need be on the list? Also, as CERTIFYING ENTITY would I just put "UL certified" ?
        I think the Inverter and Optimizers are certified as a system.. None of the above is anything more than an educated guess from my California experience. There are some New Mexico members on this Forum that can probably give you a more definitive answer.
        9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

Since the POCO is requiring the information, why not ask them what they want ? Seems logical to me.

Oh - wait- I forgot it's NM. ( I lived there for several years).
          Last edited by J.P.M.; 09-20-2019, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X