X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SunEagle
    Super Moderator
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Mike90250

The 7 -10 year element life of a CO detector is sad..... Replacements seldom fit the original footprint. I've got a hardwired AC powered system in my house, all 18 (thanks kalifornia) of them interconnected, I'm about to have all the CO's expire and hope I can find models that fit the hardwire connectors !
    You can always get a canary.

Comment

• gbynum
      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by SunEagle

You can always get a canary.
      18 canaries, 18 cages, 18 kids to feed the canaries ... no, wait, one kid can do all of them.

Comment

• bcroe
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Mike90250

The 7 -10 year element life of a CO detector is sad..... Replacements seldom fit the original footprint. I've got a hardwired AC powered system in my house, all 18 (thanks kalifornia) of them interconnected, I'm about to have all the CO's expire and hope I can find models that fit the hardwire connectors !
        I think that 7 years is something very conservative just thrown out, they really last much longer. But
        the industry jumped on it as a way to sell a lot more detectors. I measured mine, puts out a short 1
        second beep exactly every 45 seconds. So I figure build a circuit that detects the 1 second pulse,
        waits 44.5 seconds, then triggers a 2 second opening of the beeper circuit. No beep heard, but if
        there is an output, it will start timing for the next 45 seconds. If there is a real alarm, it will not wait
        45 seconds, and will not be blocked.

Will I be sued for publishing the circuit? May block low battery alarm, except mine gets
        DC from a line source. Bruce Roe

Comment

Working...