Need help please

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoskinsp
    replied
    So if i get a group 27 or 31 agm battery will this last the fridge a week when im not there??? or should I go with another battery like the one i have and make them the same??
    also looking at another 100w panel as we speak

thanks

Leave a comment:

• SunEagle
    replied
    I see a few problems with your set up.

1. Having 2 different batteries wired in parallel will result in uneven charging and discharging and a quick failure of one of them.
    2. I am not sure of the Ah rating of your battery system but I can tell you that 100watt panel will provide at best a little over 5 charging amps which will work with about a 50Ah battery.
    3. Adding a 50 watt panel to the 100watt is not a good thing to do because of the Imp & Vmp differences are probably greater then 5%. You need to make sure the panels are as close in spec as possible.

First I would determine the true Ah 20 hour rating of each battery. Then I would get enough panel wattage to generate (at least on paper) 10% of the Ah rating.

I don't think you need both batteries. I think you need more panel wattage to keep either battery properly charged.

Leave a comment:

• Hoskinsp
    started a topic Need help please

Need help please

Not sure if this is the right place to post but:

So this year our family is in a park with no electric. I am trying to keep my fridge going off propane, and i know i have to keep the battery's up to keep the pilot going. However after I leave the ridge goes out and blinks and done wont stay lit. I have this ran off a 100w panel that uses mc4 connectors, I also have a 50w Coleman panel that I was going to hook up

I took a pic of of what i have installed, the green interstate battery is the original, and the car quest is a second i installed in parallel. I took the battery's to Canadian Tire and had them tested and they said they are good.

Now im thinking its the control charger I have (which is pictured). Its a cheap one and has a bunch of different setting you can change and i have no idea how to set it up. Going to buy a new one that is easy to use and tells whats coming in and what the battery's are at.

My question could it be the battery's where they are different nbrs, they are both deep cycle by the way??
    Could it be my charger???
    would anyone know how to set up the charger.....has a bunch of different settings to change like float charge, reconnect, stop. I dont know what to put them at.

Any info on this would be great.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Hoskinsp; 07-10-2019, 09:13 AM.
Working...