ChemLink E-Curb Penetration Seals and ReRoof?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pbs
    • Feb 2019

ChemLink E-Curb Penetration Seals and ReRoof?

Does anyone have experience with the E-Curb seals on a flat roof?

In the event of a potential re-roof, would these need to be removed or can the roofer tar around them once the solar panels are removed?

Thanks!
  • Ampster
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Pbs
    Does anyone have experience with the E-Curb seals on a flat roof?

In the event of a potential re-roof, would these need to be removed or can the roofer tar around them once the solar panels are removed?

Thanks!
    The information I saw on that product did not refer to tar roofs, just EDPM, TPO. I have only had experience with similar flashings for TPO roofs.
    9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• Pbs
      • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Ampster

The information I saw on that product did not refer to tar roofs, just EDPM, TPO. I have only had experience with similar flashings for TPO roofs.
      Do you have to remove them when dealing with those types of roofs?

Comment

• Ampster
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Pbs

Do you have to remove them when dealing with those types of roofs?
        I had a different type of flashing or boot than the one you showed. In my case it was a existing flat tar and gravel roof. They put one inch of high density foam over the existing tar and gravel and then the TPO roof. I had an existing solar install which had to be removed and the standoffs extended to accommodate the longer boots. It is a 30 year roof and I probably won't be around when they do the next one. I suggest reading more about that kind of flashing from the manufacturers website.
        9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

Working...