230v single phase 2-wire setup hot/neutral for a Fronius inverter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 230v single phase 2-wire setup hot/neutral for a Fronius inverter

I'm looking at buying a FRONIUS IG + PLUS 3.8-1 UNI in the US, for a Brazil install. Primary reasons: weight, I can break it up over 2 airline bags, and cost is below my allowed import amounts. It's not a new model, but price/weight ratio works out for me.

However on my street, I have 230v coming in over 2 wires only, hot and neutral, monophasic. Not the typical 120v / 120v / neutral setup that makes up most 230v systems.

Does anyone have experience with that kind of setup, and know if the unit would work?

The manual shows that there is a 277v hot/neutral setup available, and I'm wondering if the unit would perform at 230v in that case? I see a few Fronius units for sale in Brazil, obviously newer which gave me some hope, however they might only work in states with a setup of 120v / 120v / neutral.

Originally posted by jkennedy View Post
    I'm looking at buying a FRONIUS IG + PLUS 3.8-1 UNI in the US, for a Brazil install. Primary reasons: weight, I can break it up over 2 airline bags, and cost is below my allowed import amounts. It's not a new model, but price/weight ratio works out for me.

However on my street, I have 230v coming in over 2 wires only, hot and neutral, monophasic. Not the typical 120v / 120v / neutral setup that makes up most 230v systems.

Does anyone have experience with that kind of setup, and know if the unit would work?

The manual shows that there is a 277v hot/neutral setup available, and I'm wondering if the unit would perform at 230v in that case? I see a few Fronius units for sale in Brazil, obviously newer which gave me some hope, however they might only work in states with a setup of 120v / 120v / neutral.
    My FRONIUS IG+ shows 2 modes for 208V and one for 277V, either would probably trip out-of-range on
    the lines, and for the neutral voltage monitor as well. There are 2 modes for 240V. The 240V mode should
    work as the neutral monitor is disabled. The 240VN mode would trip the neutral monitor. Bruce Roe

Comment

Working...
    X