Weird output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird output

Hi all. Thank you for your help with this... I justfinished an install in Arizona of 26 Solaris 315W panels. I have 3 strings, 8,8, and 10. The two 8-panel strings are facing South and the 10-panel string is facing West. I just finished wiring and flipped on my Sunny Boy string inverter and have some different voltages that don't make sense. I fear I screwed up my wiring. Will you let me know if this looks right? I had to split the roof into 4 areas, so the wiring was complex. I may have inadvertently joined groups incorrectly. I have the following "groups" on my roof: 7 West, 3 West, 8 South, 3 South, and 5 South. THANK YOU!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dsalad; 05-26-2018, 07:11 PM.

Assuming no shade and the inverter is not clipping, I will take a guess. One of your S strings has 9 panels,
    the other has 7. good luck, Bruce Roe

Comment

Very low voltage for this many panels per string. I would check the polarity very closely on your extension cables. It's hard to flip polarity when simply connecting side by side panels. Did you make up your extension cables? They have to have one male connector on one end and one female on the other.
      The one middle string's voltage looks close to correct for hot conditions. STC voltage would be 296. That string appears to be the one which is all together. The other split strings are the ones with low voltage. Check the extensions.
      Last edited by littleharbor; 05-26-2018, 09:57 PM.
      2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Originally posted by littleharbor View Post
        Very low voltage for this many panels per string. I would check the polarity very closely on your extension cables. It's hard to flip polarity when simply connecting side by side panels. Did you make up your extension cables?
        That is probably it. Bruce Roe

Comment

OH OH OH ! I totally BOTCHED my wiring. Your comment made me think it through and I had it TOTALLY wrong! Luckily the fix was easy,but wow. I was treating the wiring like a traditional AC circuit and combining in the middle of a string. I corrected that so the string is contiguous through the modules so I have 7+3 in a string, rather than 7 combined with 3. Sun is rising...I will post results a little later today. THANK YOU!

Comment

Awesome... Getting what I expect today. Attached is a screenshot.Thank you so much for your help.
            Attached Files

Comment

Glad you got it figured out.
              2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Working...
              X