Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total Production error on SolarEdge Se3000HD

Hi,

I'm in Belgium and I just have had installed 14 Benq Sunvivo 300W(4.2KWc) + SE3000H with power optimizers. The panels are divided into two arrays, 10 at 165(SE) and 4 at 255(SW), in one string. The panels seems to work fine but I have two problems.

1. Total production on the inverter are incorrect. It looks like when the inverter leave production mode (going into night mode) it is adding some KW to the totals(sometimes doubling the daily production). Right now it shows me 501.4KW for march???

2. I have a high delay on monitoring.solaredge.com. Graph is 15min and delay more then 30min. Data is far from what the inverter shows on its display. I have connected my site to pvoutput using the api key and there is also a big delay. When I compare my data with other sites using other inverters (SMA, Power Aurora or else) I can see that others brand are providing more reliable data (at the very least 5min refresh with 5min delay). I'm an IT guy and right now I'm higly disappointed with Solaredge monitoring. With an ethernet connection it should give real time graph for every data collected on the inverters. I though that I would bee able to see the display remotely. I would like per panel graph, etc.

I have contacted my installer but he is overloaded. He is more of a "roof installer". Don't thinks he knows what a firmware is. I'd like to know if it is possible for me to contact Solaredge directly and have them solve those two problems.

Many thanks
    Last edited by cervantes; 03-26-2018, 08:46 AM.

Originally posted by cervantes View Post
    Hi,

I'm in Belgium and I just have had installed 14 Benq Sunvivo 300W(4.2KWc) + SE3000H with power optimizers. The panels are divided into two string, 10 at 165(SE) and 4 at 255(SW). The panels seems to work fine but I have two problems.

1. Total production on the inverter are incorrect
    well the system is installed incorrectly. Minimum string length for SolarEdge is 8 modules so your string of 4 will never produce. it should be reconfigured as a single string of 14 or
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Sorry, I've used the wrong wording it is one string with 14 panels with poweroptimizers. I've changed my message. Based on the data I have it is producing correctly. Hereunder a link to my pvoutput.

https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=65068
      Last edited by cervantes; 03-26-2018, 08:48 AM.

Comment

for per pv module data you need to go to the solaredge monitoring site
        https://monitoring.solaredge.com

Comment

For problem 2:

I have access to per PV module on https://monitoring.solaredge.com.
          I would like to have per PV graph and to be able to compare panel power output. To download panel production data to excel; etc. This is really simple stuff for them.
          My daily graph is updated only every 15min with data ? The graph is a big approximation of the real data on the inverter.
          I would like to know how I can have a better daily data refresh?

For problem 1

I have attached my PVOUTPUT for 24/03/18 at the end of the day. You can see that from 6:30PM to 6:50PM my production went from 21.301 to 42.599 on the inverter?!? It is happening when the inverter leave production mode. At 7PM this is the production number on the inverter display.
          On the second picture you can see the total production on the monitoring site 42.599 for 24/03/18. This number is not correct.

I'd like to know if it is possible for me to contact Solaredge directly and have them solve those two problems.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by cervantes; 03-26-2018, 01:15 PM.

Comment

it looks like both problems are related. yes you can contact solarEdge directly. they often try to get you to go to the installer if they are not helpful though solaredge can deal directly with homeowners. This looks like a monitoring issue.

Comment

Cervantes, I have the same issues with wrong total production values. I'm located in the U.S. I have SolarEdge inverter model SE3800H-US, CPU revision 3.2173. The system was turned on just a few weeks ago. It is counting wrong at the end of the day about 90% of the time. Occasionally there is a day where the total production number does not jump, and once it jumped twice within minutes at the end of the day. I've contacted my installer by phone and also by e-mail to be able to send him photos of the inverter display, as well as my own SunSpec Modbus/TCP data logs, but I have not gotten any reply. The installer did not give me access to the SolarEdge portal. Instead, he has his own (simplified) portal which shows the same wrong "Lifetime" number. It is about twice the "Total production for the year" number. Those two numbers should still match in year one!

I noticed that the jumps (~20kWh) coincide with reactive and apparent power temporarily going to zero at the end of the day (system turns off-on-off).

Looks like a firmware bug to me.

Did you get your issue resolved?

Comment

Hi,

Yes it was solved by SolarEdge. Your problem looks exactly like the one I had.
                Just send an email to support@solaredge.com with your site id and explain the problem. They will connect on your site inverter and solve the problem. They will even correct the totals backwardly.
                They have also upgraded the firmware on my inverter. My CPU is now 3.2221. DSP2 is 2.0.405 and DSP1 is 1.0.451.

Regards,

Comment

I'm glad to know that this can be fixed. I've sent an e-mail to SolarEdge. Let's see what happens. Thank you!

Comment

The firmware was updated to 3.2228 on May 7. No more production spikes at the end of the day so far.
                    - Side effect: The internet connection switched from LAN back to the original cellular. I manually set it back to LAN.
                    - DSP1/2 versions have not changed: 1.0000/2.0000 (notice that there is only one decimal point per number in my case).
                    - Country switched from "USA1" to "USA3". No idea if the setting was wrong before. I cannot find any information regarding this setting. We have SCE here.

Lifetime production was corrected on May 15.
                    - The SunSpec protocol readout value "AC_Energy_WH" dropped about 690kWh shortly after 4pm today.

Neither Installer nor SolarEdge have replied to my e-mails (other than automated responses). I don't know who initiated the fix.

Comment

You should have more precise info on

https://monitoring.solaredge.com/sol...ID/#/dashboard

DSP1/2 versions is detailed on the layout tab. 1.0000/2.0000 is what you see on the display. Your installer should create your account on the solaredge monitoring portal.
                      Heu, what is SCE?
                      I'm in Belgium so my country has always been set to Belgium.
                      On the solaredge site you have access to lots of inverter guide and manuals.
                      Looks like your firmware is already ahead of mine.
                      I've received emails from Solaredge support resuming what they have done. .

Comment

I have no access to the SolarEdge portal, only my installer has. My installer has its own, simplified portal
                        SCE=Southern California Edison.

Comment

Hi, you should ask your installer to give you a user account. He has to. This give you detail production per panel. They have to register your install with solaredge. The installer has access to an installer account with more info. On the public part of the site you have a view on solaredge install around the world.

How did you get the SunSpec Modbus/TCP info. I know that it is possible to activate this connection and log data locally to have more precise info. Which application are you using on the pc to manage the logs?
                          Last edited by cervantes; 03-10-2019, 06:12 AM.

Comment

My installer is Vivint. They provide their own, very simplified portal.

With the replacement inverter I lost all the history of the previous inverter on the Vivint portal. Total production also started with zero again...

The ModBus solutuon is my own project in Tcl/Tk on a Raspberry 3. It logs the data and also has a web server to display some graphs in minute accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by SJJ View Post

With the replacement inverter I lost all the history of the previous inverter on the Vivint portal. Total production also started with zero again...
                              I have had that experience for two different reasons. Both of them have convinced me to log production on a spread sheet so I don't lose any history.
                              9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X