Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error on Solaredge HD Wave inverter

Hi all

My original install was 16 amerisolar panels (250W) with a tranergy pvi4000 inverter, worked no problems for several years.

I recently upgraded to a solaredge system, incorporating 16 p300 optimisers and a SE3680H HD Wave inverter. The dc string is on 4mm2 wire and the inverter is 5 meters from the consumer unit on 4mm2 twin and earth.

The system had been working rock solid for 2 weeks and then on wednesday this week it threw a series of errors; RSD error, HW error and AC voltage high error, and since then the inverter will just not work.

I contacted solaredge who have remotely updated the firmware, but now, every time the inverter wakes up to go into production mode it throws the 18x6F AC Voltage too high fault. Solar edge are now telling me its a problem with the grid / my domestic wiring, which I dont agree with, as every time the error occurs the AC voltage is not high, it sits around 235volts. This has been checked at the utility meter as well.

What I have seen a change in is the DC Voltage. For the two weeks it worked, it sat around 360volts, but on the wednesday when the system broke, it shot up to 450, and now every time the inverter tries to go into production mode the DC voltage goes to 450, faults and stops production.

Here is a link to some graphs and pics on inverter screen, shared from my onedrive: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aj9zNAQZl-OcoLN3S-h2RlpMeE-2Hw

Any advice would be most appreciated. I did notice another post around this error and the
    John

Two things happening.
    When your panels kick in and start cranking power, the grid voltage goes high and they trip offline.
    When offline, the PV panels produce their Open Circuit voltage, which can be about 20% higher than max power voltage, and so you see the high DC voltage

Be very careful, don't try to hook a meter up to 400VDC, one tiny mistake and you are toast. Use the system logs and internal meter readings, when it's producing power, the PV voltage will be low, when production stops mid-day, the PV voltage will go high. Did another house in the neighborhood recently get solar installed ?
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Hi

Not that I know of.

John

Comment

I put a volt meter across the inverters terminals when it was going into production mode and the increase was minor, went from 237 - 241, which as I understand it should not shutdown the inverter as the threshold is about 264 with updated firmware.

Solaredge are telling me its an issue with the DNO, however if the unit worked fine for 2.5 weeks, why now would it suddenly stop working, and as above, from what I can tell the AC voltage is not too high.

I will contact the DNO and ask for their opinion, however, is there anything else further I should do / test?

John

Comment

Hi, I have quite similar problem My system is LG 335 6.3kW system with P370 optimizers and SE5000H. It says" DC voltage too high 440V do not disconnect with HW 18 B7 error" No power production. System is operational only for 1 month and then broke down. Before that it was hitting 380 Vdc. AC voltage fluctuates in the range of 237 -241, according tot he inverter. It is keep on going to longer waking up cycles throughout the day.

Any idea what is wrong with system?

@ John0wingnut : Did you get your problem resolved?

Comment

Hi

Basically I am getting mine replaced under warranty as the inverter has been deemed faulty. It is an internal fault of some form, but they didnt really expand beyond that.

1st port of call is to get the firmware upgraded, however, in my case, that made no difference.

John

Comment

Working...
            X