Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easy and inexpensive means for connecting a SolarEdge inverter to the Internet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JroeFL View Post

Hey, Thanks for getting back to me; and really appreciate the walk through of your setup/process.

I think the only remaining question is to clarify, where I assumed based on your response the answer is yes; but is there a Ethernet jack on the solar edge inverter itself, once the panel is off? Or is it a punch down block, where you have to terminate the Ethernet into the inverter itself?

Thanks,
    Jordan
    Jordan,

It has both. Recommend googling "solaredge installation instructions". It's in the manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Deihmos
      Sunrun is coming soon to install some panels and they use their own monitoring. Anyone know if it is possible to get solar edge monitoring if I connect it to the internet?
      I think sunrun sets up their own stuff which pulls the solaredge data from the bus. You can disable it at the inverter and connect the inverter to the internet. You can create a fee installer account and set up your own inverter (need one inverter serial number to set up installer account).

You will need the optimizer layout ( you wont need it but will want it).

OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Originally posted by ButchDeal View Post

I think sunrun sets up their own stuff which pulls the solaredge data from the bus. You can disable it at the inverter and connect the inverter to the internet. You can create a fee installer account and set up your own inverter (need one inverter serial number to set up installer account).

You will need the optimizer layout ( you wont need it but will want it).
        I got some more info on how it works. Sunrun sets up the site site and SolarEdge does not allow dual ownership. So I have to get access at the install. The whole things seems screwy since I am purchasing and not leasing.

Comment

Working...
        X