Wire two SolarEdge Inverters together before service panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire two SolarEdge Inverters together before service panel

Hi all, my first post. Anyway, I'm installing a 12.2kw system on my roof. I am DIY'er and have no previous solar experience. I have a pretty good working knowledge and experience with basic residential wiring. My electrical diagram shows that I can either run both SolarEdge Inverters directly to my service panel on 40 amp breakers or use a load panel to combine them into one circuit which will terminate in my service panel with a 70 amp breaker. I want to combine them. My question is how do you combine the two circuits in a load panel? My line diagram shows that they connect in a load panel.......each to 40 amp breakers and then into one circuit that continues to my main panel. I haven't found much on this topic so far. Any help would be appreciated.

If you run two inverters then you need to combine them and provide an AC disconnect. I see non reason to use two inverters though. You should be using the SE11400 which can handle this by itself. What size is your MSP breaker? Generally anything this size is going to require a line side tap.
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

I don't know why the supplier quoted two SE6000's instead of the SE11400 to handle my panels. Specs do look to support that one can be used. But thats really a moot point since I already have the system. My main service panel is rated @225 and main breaker is 200. The electrical diagram submitting to my local utility shows two 40 amp breakers in a load center coming from the inverters and combined into one circuit leading to the AC disconnect before ending in a 70 amp breaker in the MSP. Do i just get a load panel where the bus bar is shared among the breakers and have two 40 amp breakers for the inverters coming in and one 70 amp breaker going out to AC disconnect?

Comment

Originally posted by rock7174 View Post
        I don't know why the supplier quoted two SE6000's instead of the SE11400 to handle my panels. Specs do look to support that one can be used. But thats really a moot point since I already have the system. My main service panel is rated @225 and main breaker is 200. The electrical diagram submitting to my local utility shows two 40 amp breakers in a load center coming from the inverters and combined into one circuit leading to the AC disconnect before ending in a 70 amp breaker in the MSP. Do i just get a load panel where the bus bar is shared among the breakers and have two 40 amp breakers for the inverters coming in and one 70 amp breaker going out to AC disconnect?
        ok with a derated main breaker you can land on the MSP. you should have a combiner though. you would get a 70a load center and two 40a breakers.
        https://www.zoro.com/square-d-load-c...Q&gclsrc=aw.ds
        OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Another electrical question.......It will be a much easier install if I fed my system through a second service panel in my garage. It is rated 125 amps with a 100 amp main breaker. I am going to expand the garage and will be operating a couple car lifts, welder, large compressor, well pump as well as normal outlets, lights, tv, etc. I also have a 300 amp main service that has a bus with a 200 amp breaker that feeds a 200 amp panel in my basement for my house and a 100 amp breaker to feed the panel in the garage. Will my 300 amp service handle switching to a 175 amp (garage) and 200 amp (house)? The total load to my entire property at any time would be less than 200 amps. I just didn't know if the main service runs just like a service panel where load calculation is more important than cumulative breaker sizes.

Comment

Alright - you really do need to get a licensed electrician involved.
              BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

Not really. Wire to 100 amp panel is rated for 240 amps (did this knowing I'd upgrade and expand). Looked up model number to 320amp meter base and bus rated to 400amp. So I just need 175 breaker in 200 amp rated panel. Just thought I'd get a quick answer on here. Thanks for your concern though.

Comment

Working...
                X