New York Solar installers and roofer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York Solar installers and roofer

Need a new roof and want to install a 15Kw +optimizers system in Long Island Nassau county New York
    buying the panels from sunelec

anyone knows a cheap installer in NY?
    Last edited by doctorman; 02-15-2017, 03:57 PM.

That is funny. It is New York controlled by dems and unions. No such thing as cheap or inexpensive.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
      That is funny. It is New York controlled by dems and unions. No such thing as cheap or inexpensive.
      while not exactly useful ...
      well relatively cheap..
      honestly the install of the panels is quite easy , probably need an electrician knowledgable of the codes to help do the wiring and permits perhaps.

Comment

Depends on what part of NY you are in. Many jurisdictions are controlled by unions which means you would not be allowed to do any work.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

Depends on what part of NY you are in. Many jurisdictions are controlled by unions which means you would not be allowed to do any work.
          long island Nassau, 11023

what do you mean by union?
          union of what? solar installers union?

Comment

Not trying to start an argument here , but to the extent that the view that both unions and the democratic party look like they're both on their last legs at this time has validity, I'm not sure what that says about the Empire State being controlled ineffectual bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post

Not trying to start an argument here , but to the extent that the view that both unions and the democratic party look like they're both on their last legs at this time has validity, I'm not sure what that says about the Empire State being controlled ineffectual bodies.
              what am I missing here...
              what union are talking about?
              electricians? roofers? solar installers?

all I asked is if anyone can recommend someone that can help install and take of the permits and rebates etc in long island new york...

Comment

Originally posted by doctorman View Post

what am I missing here...
                what union are talking about?
                electricians? roofers? solar installers?

all I asked is if anyone can recommend someone that can help install and take of the permits and rebates etc in long island new york...
                Right. If I was you, I'd ignore the responses until you get one that addresses your question. However, since advertising or endorsements are not common around here, usually and generally not viewed in a favorable light, you may be waiting a while. Patience is a virtue.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorman View Post
                  what do you mean by union?
                  Trade Unions, electricians, steel workers, roofers, plumbers, carpenters, etc. In Union controlled districts you cannot apply for the permits or pass inspections because the Unions have the AHJ bought and paid for. Union Thugs drive around looking for SCABS. If they see construction work going on they check to see if you have pulled permits and using Union Labor. If not the Union calls the city and they come and shut you down.

I have not worked Long Island, only the 5 Burros in NYC and Albany. Both cities are controlled by Labor Unions. All I am saying is if you are in a Labor Union Controlled district means you cannot do any work and would have to use a Union Shop which is not CHEAP.
                  MSEE, PE

Comment

Howdy doctorman and welcome to SPT. Many installers are not interested in doing work where they only provide labor, however they may still be a good resource to put you in contact with a solar qualified electrician. Try solarreviews.com (please dont use the ask for quote button) to see the installers who cover your area, or google solar qualified electricians NY. Dont worry about all the union crap, thats forums for ya.

Comment

Working...
                    X