Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anthony A Bobo
    • Jan 2017

Hai friends,
    I am Anthony a native of Ontario.I am a new member in this forum. I am planning for my house renovation. I would like to know about the solar installation in detail. Could any please give an idea on it?
  • Mike90250
    • May 2009

If you have high electric rates (over 25 cents per KWh) AND you have a favorable roof location, AND your local electric Utility allows Grid Intertie, you may be a candidate for roof top PV (Photo Voltaic) install. If you have shade over areas of your roof, or if it's not steep enough for snow to slide off, those are negatives. if it still looks promising, then find out from one of the may solar estimators (by zip code) if your area is feasible, with enough sun vs clouds/fog.

The lower your electric rate, the longer the payback period for the panels. Avoid leased panels. Know where the snow will end up, and if your roof is sound to carry the weight.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• Anthony A Bobo
      • Jan 2017

Thanks mike for this infomation

Comment

• J.P.M.
        Solar Fanatic
        • Aug 2013

"Solar Power Your Home for Dummies", a free online download, if slightly outdated. Newer hard copy ~ $20 U.S. at bookstores or Amazon will give you lots of ideas and resources. Don't do anything w/solar without a perusal.

Welcome to the neighborhood.

Comment

• DanS26
          Solar Fanatic
          • Dec 2011

Definitely check with your local power company (POCO). Most POCO's will have policies, procedures, contracts, incentives, rebates, solar reimbursement, etc. on line. If not completely sure of any of their requirements, then call them and make sure you talk to a knowledgeable person.

Comment

Working...