Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ne0eN
    • Apr 2016

Keeping straight xr100 rails with IronRidge FlashFoot on pitched roof

I just received a free sample IronRidge FlashFoot mount and I'm a bit surprised that the L-bracket does not seem to have any horizontal adjustment - only vertical. Let's say I need to install a long 26-27' spliced rail to support a row of 8 panels in portrait configuration with 5 mounts spaced every 6'. How perfectly in-line do the 5 mounts need to be installed? It seems that there is not much room for error. Aluminum rail doesn't flex, right? Besides simply snapping a line and just carefully lining it up, are there any tricks to it?
  • foo1bar
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2014

Aluminum rail does flex some - but IMO you don't want it to force it to flex.

I used ironridge XR10 rails with L feet and quickmount QMSE flashing/mounting system.
    So I did have a little horizontal movement available. But not a lot.

Comment

• emartin00
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2013

A chalk line is the best way to keep them in line, but they don't have to be perfect. I just installed a 24' length of XR1000 (snow country) and it was easy to accommodate for about an inch of difference between some of the mounts.
      As foo1bar said, you can use the quickmount flashings and IR L feet, as the standard L feet do have a slot, but it's not really necessary.

Comment

• Ne0eN
        • Apr 2016

I suppose there are two types of IR L feet. The ones that come with the FlashFoot do not have a bottom slot, just a tempered hole. The hole fits perfectly over the pre-installed rubber bushing in the flashing plate. I'm probably overthinking this...

Comment

Working...