Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rustycon47
    • Sep 2016

Usage and Size for a small camper

I am really unsure as to usage. I have a very small camper and when I say small, I mean "110 X "38...about the size of a Twin XL bed. I wanted to install a 100w solar system on it but it appears most of the panels are two large. I can install a 50w system but I'm not sure whether that will be too little? I don't plan on using it for more that a ceiling mounted vent/fan, some led lights and a couple usb plugs to charge phones, laptops, and maybe a bluetooth speaker. Can anyone help?! I'm really at a loss here.
  • solar pete
    Administrator
    • May 2014

Howdy Rustycon47 and welcome to solar panel talk, as with any off-grid system you really have to know how many watt hours or kilowatt hours kWh you will use on a daily basis to be able to design a system. Start in the off grid section by reading the stickies and come back to us with questions

Comment

• bcroe
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by rustycon47
      two large.
      You mean, TOO LARGE? The first question, is does your RV have its own battery. If it does, the standard solution is
      to use a battery isolator to charge it from your vehicle alternator. Solar is a very marginal solution. Bruce Roe

Comment

Working...