Diy Rv install

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scottparrish3k
    • Jul 2016

I have 8 6v batteries that are supposedly 330 Ah duracell/penn manufacturing
    1320 Ah wired series and parallel was going to be my plan
    If I have too large a battery bank at the end of my trip I'll take out a couple. I'd rather have too much then too little. I'm not gonna get 2 weeks off in conjunction with my brother to just mess around for many years to come so I'll know more after the trip what we used what we didnt.
    I'm in a hunting class. Have to go now.
    Thanks

Comment

• SunEagle
      Super Moderator
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Scottparrish3k
      I have 8 6v batteries that are supposedly 330 Ah duracell/penn manufacturing
      1320 Ah wired series and parallel was going to be my plan
      If I have too large a battery bank at the end of my trip I'll take out a couple. I'd rather have too much then too little. I'm not gonna get 2 weeks off in conjunction with my brother to just mess around for many years to come so I'll know more after the trip what we used what we didnt.
      I'm in a hunting class. Have to go now.
      Thanks
      For FLA type of batteries you need a charging amperage between C/12 and C/8 where C = battery system Ah rating.

So for a 1320Ah 2volt system you will need between 110 and 165amps from your panels. That equates to 2 charge controllers rated 80 amps each and about 2000 watts of panels.

So you may either reduce your battery system or get a lot more of those 100 watt panels.

With 600 watts and an MPPT CC (rated 60amps) you can get about 50 amps of charging which can support a 500 Ah battery system. So if you can fit 8 of those panels you can get about 67amps so should go with an 80 amp CC and a maximum of 800Ah batteries.
      Last edited by SunEagle; 07-18-2016, 08:44 PM. Reason: added last sentence

Comment

• Sunking
        Solar Fanatic
        • Feb 2010

Scott you are lazy and do not know half as much as you think you do. Heck if you would have searched the Off-Grid Section you would have found lots of Sticky Threads that explains everything and answers all your questions. Most of them written by myself which comes with over 35 years of professional experience. If you had started there you would have not needed to ask any questions and expose how much you do not know.

I ggave you the best advice and just added onto what Mike tried to tell you. You are heading to very expensive dangerous mistakes. Grow some skin, the real world is not PC. In th emean time try reading and searching:

Off Grid Design
        Battery 4 Dummies
        More Battery 4 Dummies.
        Charging Batteries

So please go ahead and do it your way, You will wish you had listened.

Last edited by Sunking; 07-18-2016, 09:15 PM.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

• Scottparrish3k
          • Jul 2016

Originally posted by SunEagle

For FLA type of batteries you need a charging amperage between C/12 and C/8 where C = battery system Ah rating.

So for a 1320Ah 2volt system you will need between 110 and 165amps from your panels. That equates to 2 charge controllers rated 80 amps each and about 2000 watts of panels.

So you may either reduce your battery system or get a lot more of those 100 watt panels.

With 600 watts and an MPPT CC (rated 60amps) you can get about 50 amps of charging which can support a 500 Ah battery system. So if you can fit 8 of those panels you can get about 67amps so should go with an 80 amp CC and a maximum of 800Ah batteries.
          Thanks

Comment

Working...