Enphase M190 3rd generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enphase M190 3rd generation

I have a small system on my house only 4 panels Suntech 275 watt I also purchased (used) Enphase M190 3rd generation inverters it did the panel compatiblity all checked so installed system as per instructions when powered up inverters all was well a green light came on then the 6 blinks to conferm that the inverters were on so all is good right well then a flashing red light comes on so i check the error and it stated that inverters are not detecting line voltage ok so i get my meter out and go over everything checking each let to neutral all is good there is 240 volts check all the way through to the last inverter all good So hear is my question what am i missing everything is there within spec and fuctioning what am i missing that i havnt thought of yet hope to get some answers here cause emphse support team sucks

Also i bought a used Envoy 120 gateways and when i hooked this up all was good and i registered with enlighten problem is it sees all the previous owners inverters is there way to set theses back to factory so i can start fresh

The problem might be because the inverter is not set up correctly or is not recognizing the grid voltage.

Did you work with your POCO to get your system legally connected to the grid?

Comment

no i am a DIY person anyways are you telling me these inverters have settings on them for voltage to detect this isnt my first rodeo at solar power i have set up other home systems in the past with out problems this is the first time i have ever encountered this problem and it they are programable which i cant see that they are please advise on information where and how like to get these up and running thanks again any other ideas would be helpful for i am certain that all the hard wiring and everything is working like i said inverters start normal but it will not reconize the line voltage was going to run a second neutral just to make sure

Comment

Originally posted by RaySterling View Post
        no i am a DIY person anyways are you telling me these inverters have settings on them for voltage to detect this isnt my first rodeo at solar power i have set up other home systems in the past with out problems this is the first time i have ever encountered this problem and it they are programable which i cant see that they are please advise on information where and how like to get these up and running thanks again any other ideas would be helpful for i am certain that all the hard wiring and everything is working like i said inverters start normal but it will not reconize the line voltage was going to run a second neutral just to make sure
        It is hard to tell if there is a problem with the wiring or if the inverters are bad.

You stated they are used which may mean they have to be reset to factory values before they can start up and sink with the grid.

While I have no issue with someone being a DIY there are still rules that must be followed to connect a pv system to the grid. You may be required to get some type of software setup with your POCO to make the system work.
        Last edited by SunEagle; 07-04-2016, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RaySterling View Post
          I have a small system on my house only 4 panels Suntech 275 watt I also purchased (used) Enphase M190 3rd generation inverters it did the panel compatiblity all checked so installed system as per instructions when powered up inverters all was well a green light came on then the 6 blinks to conferm that the inverters were on so all is good right well then a flashing red light comes on so i check the error and it stated that inverters are not detecting line voltage ok so i get my meter out and go over everything checking each let to neutral all is good there is 240 volts check all the way through to the last inverter all good So hear is my question what am i missing everything is there within spec and fuctioning what am i missing that i havnt thought of yet hope to get some answers here cause emphse support team sucks

Also i bought a used Envoy 120 gateways and when i hooked this up all was good and i registered with enlighten problem is it sees all the previous owners inverters is there way to set theses back to factory so i can start fresh
          You say "it did the panel compatibly". Do you mean that you checked the Enphase panel compatibility checker? Your run-on sentences and misspellings are hard to understand. The M190s were not designed for the newer higher power panels, and also only work with 60 cell panels. Enphase can retire the panels from the previous owner but their lifetime output will not go away. There is no way to reset it to factory settings that they offer. I went through the same thing after purchasing a used Envoy (it was advertised as new, but had minimal usage).

I've found that Enphase support is excellent, but keep in mind that you purchased used equipment, which is only warranted to the original installation. Once moved there is technically no warranty and no support, so be happy with ANY assistance that they offer. They worked with me on my used Envoy. Worst case you might have to ship the inverters to them and possibly pay to have them tested
          Jeff, BSEE, 22.3KW, 45-240W w/M190, 46-260W w/M250

Comment

Working...
          X